Going To Look At This...

cerbera1971

No but it looks a really nice one.

Just remember no LSD, no ARB's and standard suspension tho.........

Looks a nice car from a quick look at the pics. The Sigma is a cracking engine for a seven type car; nice and light (for a car engine), with some upgrade potential to come if you ever wanted to. (Power figures tend to be a bit overstated). But forget that, and just see how it feels!

As a buyer, I wouldn't pay a vast premium, or set huge store by "factory build", it just means it was built quickly to a certain "acceptable" standard by someone who's done it a lot. (If they took as much time and care to build as many an enthusiast does, they'd go bust!)

So try and look beyond those "headline" items and look how well put together it is, how it feels to drive etc. just like you would on any car. What the actual spec is - standard roll bar, no anti roll bars, standard dampers, what brakes? what diff? and so on.

(Love the stripes on the orange bodywork and clear indicators etc)

As Gadgetman said above

It looks a really nice car, but It's worth weighing up beforehand if those upgrade bits mentioned are likely to be on your 'want' list before too long (the dreaded upgrade bug is highly contagious) in which case it might be worth holding fire for a little while until an equally nice car comes along that's already got those goodies (maybe for the similar money?).

There have been some very well equiped cars sell through the forum in recent months that many felt were under-priced.

Only sayng that as it can soon drain the funds if you find yourself hankering after them soon after taking the plunge.

I appreciate the comments and I will bear them in mind whilst viewing.

Am I right in thinking that the consensus, although not mentioned, is that this is a little dear for what is basically a standard car. I know it's up to the buyer on what he's prepared to pay but I thought it looked good value when compared to what else is available on Piston Heads currently. Am I wrong?

Sorry to butt in, slightly off topic.

I purchased a similar look 99 Westy, Widebody 2 months ago. The engine is a 1700 X-flow, enthusiast built to a high standard, good suspension/wheels/tyres, Kent race cams, custom exhaust system, Omex limiter, harnesses, doors & tonneau, fully carpeted, fuel & battery cut-off, Cobra seats & real carbon dash.

Recent work & additions: New battery, Ctek charger, new alternator, coil, plugs, pipercross + £750 of tuning last November. All paperwork of build, photos, receipts.

Got a full 12 months of TAX & MOT with it too. Done a great deal of driving in it already and all is spot on.

I appreciate I purchased during a slow time of year and felt I'd got a bargain, but paid just £4500 for it. What are the main reasons the car being discussed would be worth double or was I just extremely lucky?

westy.jpg

Well, it's 7 years newer, is factory built and has a more modern engine for a start....

but a 1999 SEiW (albeit with a X flow :p ) for £4500 is a bargain :yes:

I would not say it the 06 at £8800 is to far out on price, just don't buy it and then realise you want more power, better suspension, stickier tyres etc. because the money will go up in smoke and you will never see it again............. :oops:

Every Westfield is different as is every owner!

Me........I want more power!

i would say its pretty much bang on the money with the price but hey what do i know

if your looking for a standard car for road use then i would say it ticks most of the boxes but if your looking for a trackday car and want a lsd diff and it has a freelander diff fitted as the factory were using them around this time its not a cheap upgrade as a quaife atb will cost you around £800

• Like 1

Looks very tidy, it's worth what he gets for it, if it's for you and your happy with the price, job done...

But have a good long look and drive if possible...

Dave

Couldn't agree on the price in the end so I walked away. Time will tell if I made a mistake or not :-/

The search continues

I'd say you knew it wasn't the one as soon as you saw it? I once took the day off took alot of money from the bank, filled a mates car with fuel and travelled 80 miles to buy the car of my dreams. We pulled up next to it and at that point knew I wouldn't be going home in it!

You knew the price so was it something else that put you off??

You did right anyway, buy in haste regret forever!

Good luck with the hunt...

Dave

Yep, regardless of whether a car's priced right or not, if it doesn't feel right to you, it'll just niggle away at you anyway, so better sometimes to just walk away and chalk it up to experience. The good thing is seeing and testing it means exposure to more Westfield's, and nothing helps when buying a Westfield, like have seen and driven as many as possible!