So, What's Yours Called?

Norman Verona

We know the honorable captain calls his car "The Wench" but do you have names for your cars.

HM has.

The 7 is Katy Caterham

Th Midget is madge the Midget.

The Lotus (Elan) was Lottie Lotus

The Elise was Ellie Elise

The Audi is Audry Audi

The ride on mower is Herbie (I now say "I'm cutting grass on Herbie today"

(I've added "car" for clarification, Norman - I don't refer to Lady C as "The Wench", as I have a strong allergy to involuntary blood donation and hospital food - Scott)

So I better add the "k" to "now" to get "know".

I've just been reminded that I do have names for HM. "Sh1tface", and "Snodgrass" (don't know why). Her name for me is usually "ar5ehole features". What a loving couple!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Norman Verona

• alexander72

• markcoopers

• Boney

Top Posters In This Topic

When we had a caravan it was 'Bertie the Bowl-along'

All other cars are generally, if they are okay, 'Not bad for a Gambo'

Never name my cars, same with the kids, pets and the wife as I dont want to get too attached....!

The only thing I have a name for is not for this particular forum :o

:d :d :d

I know, sad isn't it.

But my green westfield is Henry (after Henry the green engine in the tank engine stories) Mind you it gets called lots of other things mostly unprintable.

My old TR was Mo

My brother's TVR was Trevor (obvious reasons). His old Elan was Bloater, can't think why.

The list is long

I like Gerry Marshall's name for his Vauxhall V8 monster Big Bertha (named after 43 ton 1914-18 howitzer that could fire a 2,200 lb shell over 9 miles, some ironically made by Skoda!).

Miss-Fire (cos she is red - not owing to ignition issues) :)

My last westie was orange and green when I bought it, so my daughter christened it "Carrot". It was then resprayed orange and blue, but still kept the nickname, which was a tad confusing to anyone not in the know.

Mind you, the same daughter has a 3 wood in her golf bag she calls Willy, so she can announce when she's on the tee, I'm going to hit this one with my Willy.... ah, the benefits of a University education.....

The only thing I have a name for is not for this particular forum
The Purple Throbber

No comment.

• Like 1

We do . . . . .

Chris_Marmy_stowe.jpg

"Marmelade" (sic) -- it's orange

LBa.jpg

"Ladybug" -- it's red and black

and the Westy pictured below is "Tonic" -- no reason apart from it's an acronym for "The New Car" with some vowels chucked in . . . .