Nissan Qashqai

Ragged Racing

Need to change my Honda Civic 2.2cdti, So with 3 kids and the wife we need some more room. Have seen a few Qashqai's +2's around and they look quite smart, and was wondering if anybody has got one or know anything about them. I think they do a 2litre diesel which be about right.

Thanks

Chris

You need to contact Mark Leybourne (Cast Iron) -- he runs one and (IIRC) is an engineer at Nissan. Fount of all knowledge -- but I know he speaks very highly of them.

All best

David

We have friends who are on their second, think they only have the 1.5d, say its great on fuel, very well equipped ...

Dave

the nissans seem very agricultural compared to other small 4x4 type cars , i would go for the honda crv tbh we have had two the last a 2.2 cdti se executive with all the goodies and it was mega , more of a car than a small 4x4

My Dad has got one recently, and loves it. It's certainly a nice place to be, and comfortable to ride in. It's nicely finished too - much better than his old BMW 1 series. It's a 2 litre diesel, not noisy. It also has a glass roof, which may not be essential!.

Geoff

the qashqai comes in

1.6cvt petrol

1.6 man petrol

2.0 petrol auto + man + 4x4

1.5 dci auto + man

1.6 dci auto + man

2.0 dci auto + man + 4x4

the 2.0 petrol and diesels are fuel guzzlers - 1.5 ntec is a good model spec wise - 7seats or 5

1.6 dci supposed to do 60+ mpg - 1.5dci realistically does 47 - 48 not driving like a nun

1.6 is a bit small

best to go for - 1.6 dci defo

how do i know? - - i test em at the factory - run around in one - 1.5 ntec - all the stuff youd need in it really

downsides

storage isnt as good as i would like [ie drink holders are in the way]

new qq is due 2014 - all new

Chris

You need to contact Mark Leybourne (Cast Iron) Fount of all knowledge

lol - yea right - so he says - he asks me first

• Like 1

My Dads just bought a Mitsubishi ASX which is the same sort of thing.....I've not driven it, but was impressed with the build, and the deisel engines appear to be very frugal. No idea how they compare with the nissan, but maybe worth at least a look

Like Steve, I have a Honda CRV EX CDTi and can't praise them highly enough. Feels like a car, has all the toys, does 41mpg on the combined, pulls my 1500kg caravan with ease, and is pretty good when the snow comes down....Very good 'soft' roader.

Thanks for all your comments guys. I have also been thinking of the CRV as it has the same engine as my Civic, and love it. The other idea is a Freelander but have heard a few dodgy reports of them always going wrong. Not sure now, either these or an estate, but which one?

I was looking at soft roaders not so long ago and the Nissan x-trail is very well reviewed. Decent offroad capabilities too for what it is but obviously no low range box or diff lock. Think you can run them in fwd, 4wd on demand and perm 4wd at the flick of a switch. Freelander (1) reliability scare stories put me off fairly quickly.

Im biased LOL

Had the 2 litre diesel, quick but old technology 150bhp bit noisy easy 45mpg

Dad had the 1.6 petrol flat as a fart, and thirsty - dont bother

Ive got the 1.5 dci - bit noisy but up to 60mpg and has a bit of torque

the 2.0 is being phased out for the latest tech 1.6 diesel, havent driven it but its being raved about, expect it to be top price.

VFM I would go for the 1.5.

I swap my Qashqai for a 1.5DCI Juke next moth