Desert Storm

Northampton Motorsport

Troy, is that Mike Biddles car?

Troy, is that Mike Biddles car?

Hi Norman yes thats the one

It might be quick but it's Fugly!

but most people will only see it from behind and its not so bad from that angle!!

Thought so. I was at Chris Wheelers when he was building it. Major problems with all sorts of issues. Luckily Mike had deep pockets.

Thought so. I was at Chris Wheelers when he was building it. Major problems with all sorts of issues. Luckily Mike had deep pockets.

Nothing is straight forward on this car. to change the starter motor its an engine out job and that takes 2 days!!

What no other cars outside? You must be quiet

just careful photography mate.

Hope its now got traction control fitted!

Del

Hope its now got traction control fitted!

Del

It used to have, its controlled by the pectel ecu but stopped working some time ago. I have only just got my head around mapping the engine on Pectel let alone trying to sort out the TC and we were running out of time fast to get it shipped back to Dubai so the owner was happy to leave it as is.

I drove it last year in the wet, I got a 1/4 of a mile before I came back and parked it.

I drove it last year in the wet, I got a 1/4 of a mile before I came back and parked it.

:d :d

As far as I know it was th first V8 built. It was on the US trip and reports say it just disappeared into the distance on the Arizona roads

It was the first customer car - and looked more attractive before all those louvres and scoops were added on. I see he even removed the '7' grille. Mind you, with 550bhp and being based in Dubai he must need all the airflow he can get!

Troy - when setting up a car like that, is there a need to adjust the i/c air temp to match the conditions in Dubai?

Brian

It would perhaps be nice to have a proper weight breakdown, front and rear and total weight.

Only a random guess, but 568klgs + with fluids.

You must have weighed it Troy. ;)

It was the first customer car - and looked more attractive before all those louvres and scoops were added on. I see he even removed the '7' grille. Mind you, with 550bhp and being based in Dubai he must need all the airflow he can get!

Troy - when setting up a car like that, is there a need to adjust the i/c air temp to match the conditions in Dubai?

Brian

The inlet correction curve is a best guess and i left it where it was. a bigger problem was the difference in AFR that the fuel temperature made. the fuel rail has no return so the fuel picks up a lot of heat when running at light throttle which in turn alters the afr. The pectel has inputs for both fuel pressure and temperature so I have suggested that we should fit the relevant sensors and then use some correction tables from pectel as a start to further refine the fuel calibration the next time we see the car.