Disappointing Donington

mogwi

Went to Donington yesterday for the first time. Maybe I was expecting too much (having been spoilt by Stoneleigh and Harrogate), but I was very disappointed, it lacked the excitement of the other shows, the autojumble was poor and like a lot of other people I  take my dogs and to find everything indoors p****d me off as wandering around outside looking at stalls and club displays is as enjoyable as the manufacturers.  I think I'll stick to Stoneleigh/Harrogate in future.

The only conselation was asking a F355spider driver on the M6 if it was based on a MR2, the language ! dear me !  :devil:

Agree

I think worse than previous years.

Also disappointing that so few manufacturers cars on the track.  I uderstand that a number of manufacturers wanted to run at £5 for three laps to show off their products and the organisers insisted on £25 for 2.  Guess where the difference goes.

I think westfield thought too much so no cars.  I think I agree with their stance but a waste of a good opportunity.

David

It is a big risk for any manufacturer to take demo cars on any track session, especially one so public - you just don't know who or what calibre of car/driver is out there and a lot of money can be lost if something or someone gets it wrong.

Westfield have their own track day demos at Curborough in their own safe / controlled and organised environment - much safer for everyone ;)  :)

Yes - disappointing, I spent two quid ( not nine ) but the sentiments the same, but why do kit car drivers go to the show ? If I want a new Westie I would go to the factory.

We really do have a super car in the Westfield - I thought a lot of the new alternatives had been brushed with the 'ugly stick' and really did not deserve a place on the road. Did anybody see that Lotus 340R look-alike as you entered the hall. A real shocker !

The engineering standards on the GD stand and GRP work on the GTM stand were as ever very high, and I was surprised at how slender the C===ham chassis members were in the rear on the model on display. Not designed for longevity ( or assumed to be a crumple zone ? ).

IMHO The Westfield stand was rather ordinary and they tried harder with a better display at Stoneleigh.

Next year I'll give it a miss.

Enjoyed the Blat there and back home though !

Regards

The shows what you make it, it was great to see the guys on the WSCC stand and have a natter not to mention the hard work put in manning it over the weekend, big thanks from the Manchester boys, particularly Mike who won the concourse.

We were disappointed that there was no track access on the Saturday and this wasn't publicised I don't think  :angry:

This show has the potential to be the best, what with the track and everything if the organising get a bit more customer focused and start listening to the people.

I agree with Paul H (but then again i would would'nt I)

the shows what you make it, i found it a very sociable occasion, i was able to put some faces to names that appear here regularly, but Chris you dont look at all like your photo, its a good job Blatman was there to point you out.

Well done to the Northants and Derby guys for their efforts

And of course the 100 mile blat from Manchester through the peak district puts the icing on the cake  :t-up:

Sorry that I let my hair grow over the holiday period.

Not wanting to disappoint, Mrs H got the number 1 out last night for a short back and french polish.