The Gite Is Ready. Bookings Now Being Taken.

Norman Verona

Mark I hadn't realised the road from Roscoff to Rennes was dual carriageway all the way. I reckon 3 hours should do it, maybe a bit longer if you keep stopping.

Right, back to laying tiles.

All booked, see you in september :-).

Cheers. I have a big note to do the route for you, but I'm planning to get the rest of the tiles layed tomorrow so it may be a day or so.

No worries, no rush. You should have seen the look of relief when I told my girlfriend I had considered taking the westy.......but decided on the tin top. Looks to be about 350 miles from calais.

Yes, about 350 miles - 500 kms. I did it early one morning (here to Boulogne) in 3.5 hours.

Not bad considering I have to stop every 100 miles for fuel.

Well, our first guest of the year has just left and is winging his way back to you all.

I'm sure he'll tell you all about tomorrow.

He's going via the Le Mans museum, so he should get buried in the exhibits and miss his train. :)

Back home now, stayed at a mate's in Eastbourne last night, thanks Norman (and Lynne), my lady friend described your place as "beyond idyllic" :yes: thank you for all the hospitality and I'll be back next year but with my Eastbourne friends in late June :t-up:

Didn't do the Le Mans museum in the end as so much was fenced off and busy with traffic with all the set up going on so I cruised round the perimeter and then headed back to the peage, car ran perfectly though that bl**** 'exhaust emission check light' is still on...

Oh and if anyone is thinking of driving down to yours and they have a diesel, cheapest I filled up for was at £1.08 a litre :o:yes::) such a shame I'm now back in the UK and it's £1.39 :angry:

PS: good luck with the tiling etc and good luck with Frank ;)

Cheers Pete, glad you had a good time.

b******* I can't believe it we're coming down to the Loire Valley for the week straight after Le-Mans & Dave Belfield (lordB)who's oirgansied the hotels has paid the deposits last week and your calendar says that week is free aggggghhhhhh !! We'll hopefully try and get over to see you Norm

Buzz

Buzz, let me know and we'll get some sausages and burgers and a bottle or 6. We're on the road between Angers and Rennes. If you're coming from Le Mans take the main road from Arnage to La Fleche, keep on to Durtal and then turn right to Lion D'Angers. At Lion D'Angers follow the signs to Rennes and go through Segre, back onto the dual carriageway over the first roundabout and then turn of to Vergonne (don't take exit before signed "Noellet". At this exit turn left under the d/c then right at the main road. Turn left at the war memorial in Vergonnes, go right to the end of this road, turn right (to Armialle) and we're first on the left.

thanks Norman (and Lynne), my lady friend described your place as "beyond idyllic" :yes: thank you for all the hospitality and I'll be back next year but with my Eastbourne friends in late June :t-up:

So the git stayed at the gite? How appropriate. :p:laugh:

:)

I noticed that but I'm too much of a gentleman to comment.

Yeh, if you believe that.....

or, if you have a TomTom with Western Europe maps just put in the town of "Noellet" with the street name of "La Foie" and it will take you to the door (seriously, halfway down the 'drive' to the farm she said 'you have reached your destination') :yes:

So the git stayed at the gite? How appropriate. :p:laugh:

I thought i'd miss you while I was away,Scott...... I was wrong, I didn't :arse::laugh:

I thought i'd miss you while I was away,Scott...... I was wrong, I didn't :arse::laugh:

Glad I was away at the same time - I'd hate to think I missed any opportunities for quality abuse. :p;):laugh: