The Gite Is Ready. Bookings Now Being Taken.

Norman Verona

PM sent.

and if anyone is going to stay at Normans and looking to use Brittany Ferries - just drop me a PM and I can let you have a discount code and details for ferry crossing on any Brittany Ferry to France, this only works on Brittany Ferries and not LD or any other company :);) Bon Voyage :) :)

P.S. It is superb blatting country for Westfields ;)

• Like 1

Thanks Mark. As I said earlier, I think the quickest route in driving time is Portsmouth to St Malo.If you take the overnight boat you'd be here by mid morning.

But in overall time there can't be much in it between Dover-Calais in 1.5 hours then a 5-6 hour drive. Unless you live in the West country.

When we were in the UK last year and I was coming back to cut the grass every 4-6 weeks I would leave for the chunnel at about midnight, get the next train and be here or in Sheffield within 15 hours.

Worth checking out flights to,

We have flown to Dinard from East Mids and hired a car for 3 days cheaper than the ferry, for when we needed to do business in Normandy before we sold up!

For clarification Dinard is next to St Malo, so about an hour and a half from here.

Dual carriageway to Rennes, then follow the Angers Road which is about half dc and half single.

For clarification Dinard is next to St Malo, so about an hour and a half from here.

Dual carriageway to Rennes, then follow the Angers Road which is about half dc and half single.

I thought you were going to say half dc half ac :o)

Norman - how many do the gites sleep?

The gite has 2 single beds. We have no objection to you bring blow up air beds and sleeping bags if there are more than 2 of you.

go to FrenchBlat and look at "gites" for pictures.

No one interested? (other than those above)

BTT in case anyone missed it.

replied. about 2 hours ago.

Norm,

I have spent up my holidays this year but will put you in my notes for next year.

I've read your re-build blog over the last week or so, and thought it was well written, and very funny! :d , but has nothing happened since 2007?

Cheers,

Paul

Yes, I've half converted a barn, damaged my back, wife in hospital twice, first time in a coma for 4 days, second time for 16 days. Back to the UK for 6 months, back to France and start renovating the house (this is the point HM was in hospital for the second time). Then damage my back again, have 3 months off to repair it. Then do a week finishing the house and feed my thumb into the table saw. Another 3 months off waiting for it to heal and start finishing last Thursday. Should be finished by next weekend.

So, no, not much been happening. :)

Yes, I've half converted a barn, damaged my back, wife in hospital twice, first time in a coma for 4 days, second time for 16 days. Back to the UK for 6 months, back to France and start renovating the house (this is the point HM was in hospital for the second time). Then damage my back again, have 3 months off to repair it. Then do a week finishing the house and feed my thumb into the table saw. Another 3 months off waiting for it to heal and start finishing last Thursday. Should be finished by next weekend.

So, no, not much been happening. :)

OUCH! Almost sorry I asked.