Coast to Coast run/weekend

studbuckle

Thanks Si,  pity about the bl**** vikings.  1400 years down the line and they still cause trouble!

WRO - hope you got the wing home safely

haha. yes, thank you for the tie wraps! :t-up:

Shockingly the jack handle didnt fall off!!! , even though will did have a blast with a westy we met on the way home. :D  :devil:  :cool:

it shall be fixed soon!!!

:) Big thanks to studbuckle for the fantastic day out yesterday. The six of us that turned out had a great  day blatting around the North Yorkshire countryside, aren't ordinary cars (especially Fiat Punto's) crap up steep hills!

Lets make it an officical WSCC event for next year and have a hundred cars.

Rocks on was not the only one with wing failure , I had two, on the way out in the morning one of my front wings came unglued (wurthed on 6 months ago) so I had to turn back and drill & bolt it on, then on the way home the mounting bracket of the same wing snapped at 70 on the A1, managed to stop and pull it off before the whole thing flew off, it shall be fixed soon.

Simon,

Great day on Sat, brilliant run, next time going to bring a SAM missile for the idiot lorry drivers who think they own the road.

Arrived home knackered after 12 hours driving, execpt for a few stops on the way.

Thanks for the effort you put into organising it really great event, definatley a yearly thing.

Sorry it took so long to post this, been busy fitting dry sump on Sunday, ready for Elvington tommorow, just finished.

Nick

Well what can I say?

I had a great time on both days. The four cars on Saturday had a great blast through the Lakes and over the Yorkshire dales. Only one hiccup, Dave, but easily sorted thanks to Yocal and his bike shop.

Sunday, weather not as good, getting stuck on Sutton bank behind 'that bl**** Fiat' all watching the Temp gauge and hoping the handbrake wouldn't fail ;) then queueing into Pickering wasn't nice with the spots of rain but then come Robin Hood's bay anf the suin came out.

fish and Chips on the 'beach'. Perfect

To add to the wing trouble, we had a bracket failure on the way to the B&B but good old cable ties have held it since...

fab time had by all I hope.

Next year we'll do it again.

As for now, i'm going to download my pictures and video and start that wrie up the Westfield World.

Oh and if anyone has any digital pictures taken over the weekend then please e-mail them to me on sdh@kingfieldheath.com and i'll copyright mention you on the web site and i'll let you all see the pics when i've edited them etc.

Thanks to all for turning up AND enjoying yourselves

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't take that many photo's but I've posted one of us parked (by invitation) outside the cafe by the car park in Robin Hood Bay, and another with a view across the beautiful north sea.  They can be found Here