Coast to Coast run/weekend

studbuckle

Final details of the coast to coast run are in place.

Please Click here to read all about it.

Having driven it in the tin top this weekend I know it's going to be a blast

As my ISP has gone down (again!;).

details are...

Saturday 17th August Leaving the shore car park in St Bees Cumbria 9:30 for 10am  

Travel across the Lake District, down the shores of Loweswater, Crummock and Buttermere then up the famous Honister pass. Up the shore of Derwent Water and through Kewsick. Then over the tops and down the edge of Thirlmere for a lunch stop at Grasmere. Then down the tourist road past Rydal, through Ambleside and down to Windermere, and Bowness then taking the lesser known road out of the lakes before finally picking up main drag and over the M6 to Kirkby Lonsdale and Ingleton

Then takling the moor road out of Ingleton to Hawes. Fantastic undulating road and great views. Dropping down into Hawes and then across to Aysgarth picking up the southern moor road out of the Dales  

Once Out of the Dales take and easterly road to our overnight stops in Pool and Netherby

Sunday 18th August Meeting at the Knaresborough retail part on the Junction of the A658 and B6164 wetherby road 9.30 for 10am start. taking the parrallel road up the side of the A1 and through Boroughbridge before paicking up the dual carriageway A168 for the short balst to Thirsk and then the blast into the North Yorkshire moors via the famous Sutton bank. All the way in to Pickering and taking the moortop road towards Pickering. going down Saltergate bank. A small detour off the main road for a blast along narrow moor roads and through the small but famous village of Gothland. Then a quick wibble back to the main road, down Blue bank and then picking up the Quiet road out towards the Coast and finally the unclassified road in to Robin Hoods bay and the East Coast

Sound Good? If you want more details then let me know... sdh@kingfieldheath.com or Call me on 07768 725097. Hope to see you there

Simon Houghton

how many r a comin mr buckle?

I wish i could come for the whole weekend but the ball and chain says its too longatime to just play with our toys. :(  :0

what does she know, eh? :angry:  :0  :(

so i might squeez into la day secondel :D

aayyyyyyyyyy :t-up:

How many is difficult to tell as most are saying depends on weather (see below)

but definatley 4 of us for the Saturday and probably 6 for the Sunday. No doubt I'll get loads more just turning up  ;)  :D

as for the weather... Saturday for St Bees is 3.gif

Saturday for Harrogate is 8.gif

Sunday for Harrogate is 3.gif

and Sunday for Whitby is 3.gif

with themperatures at a minimum of 19 degrees during the day rising to 24 on the Sunday in Whitby.... sounds ideal to me

Previous Post !

Wish I could make it. Please give more warning of it next year.

Hi Pete,

Have a look at the link at the top of this post!

There have been several post over the last couple of months re this event, however i think that studbuckle will be sorting another run out next year assuming all goes well this weekend :cool:

Andy :t-up:

I'm going to find it hard to make it but I'm going to try (see clutch fork misery on techie talk).  Still got a couple of hundred miles running in to do, but the plan is still to catch up with everyone on day 2

Simon cant do the whole run, but will try and meet up with you for part of it, not sure where yet, but i've made a note of your mobile number, expect to hear form me over the weekend Ingleborough area could be a possibility  :D

Looks like your going to get some sun  :cool:

well i'm packed and ready for the off.....

All welcome, for whole, or part. Weather looking fantastic  :cool:

damian, stud, every 1 , prob cya at the start on sun. :)

good luck damian :t-up:  

this should be good.

are we going down any valleys in the pickering area? My mate owns a valley and the steepness of the road up and down is scary!!!!! :0

I'll have to get the westy down there some time.

Just got back from meeting up with everyone on Saturday, Had a fantastic time (apart from some throttle cable trouble).  Anyone thinking about turning up for Sunday, dont just think about it do it!

Just to say thank you very much Simon, for all the organisation you have put into this weekend and making it happen, Put me down for the full weekend next year (hopefully I will have come up with a better set up for my throttle cable by then)

Cheers

David & Liz

Had to pull out :0  this morning, car missfiring & no winscreen wipers, gutted, Sat was fantastic.

Simon you can certainly put that little X-flow through it's paces :D

Allready looking forward to next year, hope you all had a great day today

Andy :t-up:

Hey Si

Sounds like your little (!!;) blast out what a good un, wish I could have joined ya - fingers crossed for next time, the car will be finished and I can come along too!!

How about organising it twice yearly?? Or was it that bad organising just one?!?!?!  :0  :D  :p  ;)

Anyway good on you Si for organising this, hope to read all about it in the next issue of WW  ;)  :p

fab day out.nice to tour with other westies round the countryside. :cool:

bl**** FIATS!!!!! :arse:      :D  :p

twas very very good. Thanks studbuckle for all the time and effort. top job. :t-up: