F1 (With Spoilers)

Rory's Dad

I've really only started watching F1 since Hamilton started, so I've been a fan of McLaren - but they really do make life difficult for themselves, I really dont know what to expect next.

I'm hoping that Lotus get their act together and start being a little bit more bullish with their strategy, as I think they have had a few shots at a win at this stage. It would be nice to see Kimi on the top step again.

Noooo, not Kimi. We've got into an era of likeable characters and got rid of the mundane years of Hakkinen, Hill, Mansell. Now the atmosphere vacuums are returning with Schuey and Kimi.

It was good to see Lewis in a better frame of mind for a change despite the qualifying penalty he seemed like he was looking forward to the race and he did a great job.

How long can he hold it together for though? Must have been hard to bit ehis lip and not slate the team in the press for 2 completely avoidable dangler-ups. Hopefully it's just a spell of bad luck and they haven't replaced the full time staff with scouts on bob-a-job or even worse ... Kwik Fit fitters. Whoever cocks up next should be on tea and sweeping up for the rest of the season.

I have to say that Kimi makes Mansell seem quite charismatic! :p

Bernie

The directive to the tyre manufacturer was to make a tyre that dropped off in performace rapidly to give the results we are getting, Job done IMHO. The teams know the characteristics and should set their strategy acordingly

They just make more pitstops to compensate.

IMO they shouldn't have to rely on buttons, gizmos and shonky tyres to artificially generate overtaking, lose the areo bits, generate half the downforce by giving them one flat wing at the front, one at the back, no multi-levels of lips and wings that get upset if you follow someone within 100m.

More mechanical grip, less downforce = more exciting racing.

Ain't that just the truth, JJ Lehto and Keke Rosberg were ok but I don't really like Kimi Raikkonen and Heikki Kovalainen