Why Do I Always....

Norman Verona

Why do I always duck when sitting in the steel cage on my tractor when driving under the big branches of trees in the orchard?

I have a little chuckle and then...... do it again next time round.

I duck when I'm driving along and something flies at the windscreen - bird, stone etc. It's instinctive just like slamming your legs together if someone throws something for you to catch whilst you're seated - unless you are female or a Scot of course...

Well, there you go. I thought I was just stupid.

Anyway, large field cut twice (first time this year) so one more cut tomorrow should get it done properly. Then there's the field behind the old house, then the bit behind the gites, then..... That's best part of next week taken care of then.

Norm I've currently got colleagues telling me I shouldn't retire yet because I'll be looking for stuff to do and then taking as long as possible to do it. Tell me that's not what you're doing with the grass..............?

Whats the weather like down there at the mo Norm? I have the garden planted out...but everything is wrapped, to keep Jack Frost off,

Are you still getting Frosts?

It's an ORCHARD :t-up:

they are therefore presumably APPLE TREES :t-up:

So perhaps your brain retains distant memories of previous encounters with the fruit of your labours :laugh:

Warm and sunny at the moment and forecast for the next 3 days. I couldn't get the tractor started because I filled it with 40 litres of diesel and stirred up the crap in the tank which blocked the outlet. No real problem as it's been rainy for the past few weeks. I blew the airline back up the outlet pipe, there was a satisfying plop and fuel started running all over the place. So started cutting the jungle mid morning. In places it was waist high!

Stuart, retire and you'll wonder how you ever found time to work. I've got about 10 days to finish the house, 4 days to finish the cars by which time it'll be another two days cutting the grass. By then we'll have folk staying and I'll be sitting in the sun with bottles of wine entertaining them. I know it's hard work but someones got to do it.

Yes, Bernie we have apple trees in the orchard. We like to be different.

My old great aunt used to duck going under the bridges on the motorway. My dad was driving so maybe justified!

Rory's Dad

By then we'll have folk staying and I'll be sitting in the sun with bottles of wine entertaining them.

:t-up:;)

• Like 1

By then we'll have folk staying and I'll be sitting in the sun with bottles of wine entertaining them.

I have a sudden vision of Norman doing a one man "France has got Talent" :o

Hey Norm, just drywalled the 1000 sq ft studio, finished the laminate floor in the downstairs suite, did the post holes for the concrete to install posts for the new deck on the side of the house, planted new trees, did I mention that semi retirement is so relaxing.... Just got to find time to install the motor in my car and maybe....go for a relaxing Drive! Aaaaaaaaaaaaagh!

Sounds good. And you didn't tear your back muscles or half chop your thumb of.

Fantastic!