Goodwood Festival of speed

Buzzer

I'm fairly sure the FoS was last month..........  :devil:

Now the Goodwood Revival Meeting is a different kettle of cats.........and no, I'm not going. I'll be competing at Wiscombe Hill.......

I hope you've got a flat cap, a tweed jacket and some plus fours to wear otherwise I'm told you won't be allowed into the paddock. You might have to disguise the Westie as a Lotus in order to be able to park? c******m owners will also have to do the same I guess!!!. Classic cars only methinks?

Should be a jolly good show, what what!!!!

Regards

Windy

Thames Valley had a trip to FoS back in July - a few of us went (there wasn't a great deal of interest).  The problem we had was parking in the main carpark with all the other cars.  The track leading up to the carpark was muddy and had little ground clearance (police refused me to park anywhere else)

To have special parking your car needs to be over 25 years old.  Did check with Goodwood administration beforehand - didn't even know what a Westfield was - woman I spoke to was a little snooty - asked me if my Westfield was over 25 years old.

:angry:

If you do go to the Revival meeting I would suggest leaving the Westy at home.

I went last year with the Westie last year and parked with everyone else, as long as it dry parking is OK. There was loads of other classics as well in the normal car park. The visibility of the racing is pretty good on the circuit, much better than the hill cimb, so there is more to see. A good day out

Dave

Really enjoyed FoS.  Just got stressed out getting to the car park - sump hitting all the rocks up the muddy track.

Maybe it's time to change the sump - can be a pain in the :arse: especially getting over speed bumps.

Today it was easier to do a bit of off-roading in the Westy rather than cracking the sump on a speed bump - Burchetts Green - leading up to the agriculture college.