Stoneleigh Today

Paul Hurdsfield - Joint Manchester AO

Well I’m now fully recovered from my 3 days and Stoneleigh and have caught back up on all my sleep :p

Just to add to the above comments and say thanks to Chaz and Mark for all their organisation and well done for presenting two excellent club stands :t-up: if there was any hiccups along the way I didn’t see them and everything was run very smoothly.

Thanks also to the other volunteers for the craic and evenings entertainment :d I had some great laughs over the weekend, especially at Luke’s car :d and it was also nice to meet and talk to so many club members and finally put faces to names (apologies also to anyone I’d met before and forgot who you were :oops: ).

I’m sure I was only meant to be on official duties for one day but I was having so much fun I ended up working the whole weekend :oops: I picked up a few bargains too, although probably not as many as Tony in the parts for sale tent :o went for a look around the show which I thought was very good this year :t-up: and had a few good chats with the chaps from Westfield :)

Thanks from me again to all at the WSCC, the committee and its members for making Stoneleigh what it was :yes: :yes:

P1000143.jpg

Speaking of Tony In the Parts Dep Tent I have never seen a pair of 888's move so fast whilst not actually attached to a car :laugh:

Speaking of Tony In the Parts Dep Tent I have never seen a pair of 888's move so fast whilst not actually attached to a car :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I did nearly pull Pauls hand off TBH :laugh:

Also just to say it was fun on duty with you and Andy and ta for covering for me Marcus as i spent a lot of time going for a piddle.

It was nice to meet lots of the guys on here and to say ta for the advice given.

I must say that the amount of work done by Mark and Chaz AFTER the show is over and everyone has gone home is never seen, so i just would like to say after going with them that we should all count ourselves lucky that we have guys like these two among us who are prepared to step up to the plate and do what they do for all our benefits because they worked their nuts off and when i left them at about 7.30pm they were knackered.

Also to thank are all the other people who are giving up their time for the club including the wives of the above who generally lose their other halves for days at a time.

Well done to you all.

Tony

It was great to meet up with everyone at the show and take part in the M6 convoy.

The WSCC stands were great, a big thanks to the members who helped to organise and put on great stands and provided me with cups of tea.

Here are a few of my photos from sunday:

2012stone16crop.jpg

2012stone12crop.jpg

2012stone10crop.jpg

2012stone8crop.jpg

2012stone4crop.jpg

2012stone20crop.jpg

2012stone14crop.jpg

2012stone19crop.jpg

Kirk

Ah, was that you looking for a spanner on the Playskool stand yesterday?

Yep that was me, thanks to all the people who rallied around to help. i got a replacement part from Rally Design and we fitted it in no time.

Parking looked a little disorganised LOL :p

First time for me as a new Member ,Great to be able to park together

Thanks to everyone for the welcome I recieved

and apologies in advance for forgeting everyones names (its an age thing).

Looking forward to other outings and next years show !!

Les

Ah, was that you looking for a spanner on the Playskool stand yesterday?

The only good bit about Playskools "build a car in a weekend" was the cage IMHO :)

Phew..............

Well, it didn't end at 8:20pm Monday!!!

The two marquees were sopping wet when we packed them away so consequently we had to re-erect them yesterday evening to dry them out, that took from 5pm to 9pm yesterday.......

Still it's all done now, just the tools and personal kit to pack away.

I have a busy week ahead, exit from Stoneleigh, Isis' birthday tomorrow and a Scout camp over the weekend.

I plan to put up a post to cover Stoneleigh from the organisers POV as soon as I can so watch this space.

In the mean time a HUGE THANKS to all those that put in their time over the show and ran the various areas over the show.

Chaz.

just want to add - great weekend - ups and downs.

sunday was great monday was ..... . . . . . .. damp. lol tried my best to get the tent down before it started but its hard when the my missus is still in bed... failed... tent was 4 stone heavier with the water and wouldnt fit back in the bag... still drying out in the garage.

show was great - enjoyed meeting everyone who came in and chatting with some of you guys as you drove in to the stand. particularly liked the fw car in baby blue with the tonneau cover with the body cut out [as in a canoe spray deck] wheel hands all under the cover as you drive... good idea!

chaz - you need a secretary mate... lol.. no im not gonna wear a dress.

gill enjoyed it despite not being a petrol head.

richard [scottish bloke] - i am so over vans.... nuff sed. :devil: :devil: :oops: