Elvington

Buzz Billsberry

Big thanks to Paul from Plays-kool Motorsport and all the marshalls for a good day @ Elvington yesterday.It was dry,fun and entertaining.

Massive thumbs down to Elvington themselves for trying 2 charge £2.50ea.  for using thier facilities, even tho' Paul was informed that it was part of the deal, they waited until the morning of the event to let us know we'd now after pay 4 the privilage!!

Buzz

I can second what Buzz said, it was a superb day out, many thanks Paul!

I enjoyed the marshalling (watching you guys spin!!  :0  ) and particularily enjoyed the rides out that I got - many thanks Jon, Buzz and Mike!

Whens the next one?!?!!?   :love:  :cool:  ;)  :D

Cheers

Kevin

My thanks too, thoroughly enjoyable, though I've almost trashed my rear tyres.  

Could Mr Solo or someone explain why the museum have become so uppity lately?

Massive thanks to Paul, Steve and all others associated with organising a great airfield day. Well done. :t-up:

It was very well run, safe and enjoyable.

Best stunt of the day has to go to Buzz for his amazing 360 degree 'F1 style' recovery after a spin at the hairpin ! Better check those rear tyres for tread mate  :p

:arse:  :arse:  :arse:  To Elvington museum, but at least the organisors responded like gentlemen and let them borrow our ambulance and fire truck when they needed it.

Thanks again,

Jon

add my thanks for a great day and a good turnout, even the forecast showers held off.

Really enjoyed finding out what my new Westie could do, very pleased so far, apart from the exhaust falling off :(

regards,

Greg

Top day.

Good to meet a few people - The Duck, Paul from Plays Kool etc. Will have to bring the Westie next time! (I know, what a wimp!;).

Mossman

:D

Don't know why for sure.  But basically you have 3 parties involved.  There is the guy who owns the tarmac of the airfield, the guy who owns the grassed areas of the airfield and the Museum guys.  

All totally seperate and there have been issues between all of them that have resulted in this.  Relations between all parties can be very interesting like the Museum not letting TD companies use their NAFFI and toilet facilities any more (seems mad when you consider the business they lose) and the grassed area owner chasing us of his laaand when we had permission from the tarmac owner and every right to be there to set up coneage for the following day.

I think the Museums gripe might be that in the past some TD punters (lots of organisers run both bike and car days at that venue) have thought that while they were in the museum they'd have a look around without paying...  So at the last couple of BaT events they've had a burger van and portaloo's.  You can use the Museums facilities but must pay the £4 entry fee.

Seems a bit like they're cutting their own noses off to me as they'll make far more than the entry fee with 50+ TD punters having breakfast and lunch there.  A reduction in the entry charge to £2.50 for the Westfield Club may have been a sign that they now realise this.

Personally as long as they charge, I'll p!ss in the field, bring butties and a flask.  It's their loss.  All very petty and uneccessary.

I'd like to thank all and sundry too, including the lawnmower repair gezzer in the local village for the use of his welder at lunchtime - nice one.

Balls put my post in the wrong place!! :durr:

Dont tell the the man who owns the green bites it was me!!!! :t-up:

got to admit it was a cracking day,thanks to paul and all the others that made it possible,it was great to finally meet some of you guys in person for a change,im looking forward to the next one :t-up:

11thed, great event, great fun, no damage for me.

A suggestion however for the next one.....how about a few Pit Girls....'I.S.M'...hmmm???

list of to do's now though......geometry, mapping, race lessons, more power, better tyres, baffled sump, RAC bar the list goes on....could turn out to be v. expensive.

I didn't realise how awesome those BEC's are, and just how cool it is to see flames from the exhaust pipe!

cheers all involved

Add my thanks to Paul,Robbo,ISM and all... for a good morning even if the engine did go pop. Thanks to the marshalls who helped push the car.

:)  :)  :)  :) What a great day, and so safe, no worries if you got it wrong, ( only spun twice, honest!!!;)

Well done to Paul and all the helpers/marshalls. How they can sit on the side and only watch I don't know, but without them doing so the rest of us could not have our fun, so big thank you to them again.

All of you who have not experienced it need to get out there.

See you again next year.

Nick