Elvington

Jon Murray

Is anyone camping at Elvington on Monday night ?

I suppose I thought people would be camping at the airfield itself - but I guess access would be a problem, not to mention p******** off the owners, not to mention that tent pegs and tarmac don't mix too well  :p

I only live about 30 miles from the airfield, but still fancy camping so that I can get p******** up ther night before and get to meet the other members ... ahhemm, I mean walk the circuit and ensure that I'm fully familiar with it!

So, what's the crack?

In fact, sod it - who fancies a bl**** good p*** up - maybee in York the night before? (Isn't Monday night Student night in the local clubs?)

Jon

Paul has listed 3 campsites on the confirmation letter. camping isn't allowed on Elvington

Swallow Hall - 01904 448219

Mount Pleasant Park - 01904 707078

Chestnut Farm - 01904 704676

Which one is nearest and best  ???  :)  :D  Anyone used them before ?

I'll be going up on Sunday straight from Curborough in my mobile tent  ;)  :D  :)  Which reminds me - I need to re-stock on beer  ;)  :D  :)

What bloomin' confirmation letter?  :0

I sent off my application and cheque about a week after it was advertise and havn't received anything yet.

What's occuring? :durr:

Jon

PS >>> edit>> I know how busy Paul is and everthin', was just worried.

Whos stoppin' at which camp site? lets try and get on the sameone the m,ight be a good I dear!! Which is the nearest?

Buzz :(

John got mine this morning yours should be there soon i reckon, :0

Mark will be nice to finally meet you after all the advice you gave me an all, but i won't be in your class for driving ill  be in the fannys section  :t-up:

Buzz

Yep lets agree on a campsite and all head there  ;)  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :)  :D  Swallow Hall sounds like an accommodating name  ;)  :D  :)

Jon - Buzz's speelin ave allwys bin tht badd.

neo - your twin throttle springs should work fine but there is a much easier and simpler way on a CVH  ;)  ;)  :)  :D  and there's only one  :arse: ole scrutineer at Ty Croes who don't like it - fanny's section sounds good to me  ;)  :D  :)

Are you taking the Ronart parked alongside  ;)  :D  if yes, can I have a go  :devil:

Sorry Guys I didn't realise my spellin' was that bad!. Plus I abbreviate a lot, it cuts all the boring typin' out. For example

yr = Your, C= see, U = you, R= are, spellin' = spelling etc, etc

Need I go on? Ok u might find the odd semi-colon and a few commas in places where they shouldn't be... but why the f##k R U  so bothered?.Didn't realise the WSCC was full of english teachers!. U understood what I mean in the  replies/subjects.. so shut the f##k up and leave me alone :p  u muppets ;)

So which camp site is everybody stoppin' at??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Who got out of bed the wrong side then Buzz  ;)  :D  :)  :devil:  :devil:  :D

Shall we check out Swallow Hall then  ;)  :D  :)  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :)

Give me a bell - I'll be mobile  ;)  :D  :)

Nice theory Buzz, but typing "spellin' " instead of "spelling" is the same amount of keystrokes, but putting in a ' instead of a g............

Lots of BBS users here (and elsewhere) get upset, 'cos of the dumbing down of the English language, especially where using "text message" type shortcuts are concerned.

What's so bad about typing it out in full?

And, more importantly for me at least, is that I don't lower my standards to those of a 12 year old mobile phone user............ :p  :p

Oh hel l Blatters, what are you starting here?  :D  (note I didn'y put r u).

Did you see the news in the middle of last week were students are answering exam papers using text message style shortcuts - oh dear  ???

Anyway, I now have my confirmation letter for Elvington, which must be a load off all your minds  :)  :)  :(  :D  :D  :(  :)  I know how much you all worried about this  :p

Jon

I'm starting the same discussion I had on Blatchat with some others over there.............It was a while back now, but the general consensus was that if we (mostly 30-40 somethings) let our standards slip, what hope is there for the next generation...... ???  ??? This is something I feel quite strongly about. English is a fabulously rich language. Any one English should be able to use their native tongue with some aplomb. Showing the world your inadequacies in a public place, such as an Internet bulletin board would embarrass me (and others, if the current Government adult literacy ads are to be believed).............Children can read, and be influenced by this stuff, and with the propensity for children to believe everything they read, in 15 years, we'll all be spelling words with "ise", "isation" etc at the end, with a Z.......

Oh, and please, Gentlemen, I'm not ranting at Buzz or anybody else, and I'm not discriminating against dyslexics. I just can't bring myself to use "text style" shortcuts, or poorly constructed sentences. I spent LOTS of time at school learning how to read, write and spell in English. Not using that knowledge renders all that effort at school a waste of time, not just for me, but my teachers/parents, and everybody else who put so much (poorly rewarded) effort into my education.

Buzz obviously embraces "new generation" communication, and good for him. It's just not for me..........