Elvington

Paul@Plays-Kool

Due to the mid week trackday, I anticiapate an extreme lack of marshals, so if anyone could offer assisatance on the day we'd be very grateful.

Step forward the usual suspects!

For those who do assist, we can offer (scary) passenger rides in various machines (well Robo's pinto anyway  :p )

Paul

It's OK for you guys who have been around the scene for a long time - but some of us poor newbies, who might like to help, don't know what event you're talking about, when it is, or where?????? I only say this because, if you give a bit more information you may start to get people coming along who have not been before - including myself.

I see postings about Curborough, Elvington etc., etc. and feel I would like to get involved but don't have enough information to get started. I'm sure that once you are involved it's a different world.

PLEASE - PLEASE - more info!

Pete

All the information you need is on this web site... the big red banner at the top of this page gives you information about every track day we do. In addition the same info is in the magazine.

Having said all that if it is not clear enough we need to make it clearer... why don't you come back with a precise description of how we could make this information more available and I will do my best to action any points.

Elvington is on Tuesday - hit the banner now !

Steve,

Thanks for your reply; and you're right the information is there - if you know where to look. It's probably all to do with use and familiarity. The first time I went on to the forum I was not familiar with it at all. It took many visits before I started to get comfortable with it and felt that I knew my way around. There are still things that I can't, or don't know how to do. For example; you can, apparently, subscribe to a thread, but I have no idea how to do it.

Back to the question in hand: Events etc. I would suggest that we have a link, from the main WSCC site, that shows a map with event locations on it. A fixed map or a link to something like "streetmap.co.uk" would suffice. I know, with the best will in the world, that unless you know where to look you're stilll not going to find the information.

There was a thread, last week, about a BBQ somewhere. As an "outsider" it almost looked like the forum was being used to organise a private event. I'm sure it was open to all WSCC members but I haven't got a clue who organised it, where it was or when.

It might sound like I'm winging, I don't mean to. I don't have sufficient time to spend all day on the web site looking for this information - even if it's there somewhere. Now that you've told me where to look for the events it will make life much easier - but, like a lot of things, it's easier to be shown (told) than it is to find out yourself.

Thanks for the info.

Pete

Can do a stint as long as it doesn't stop me getting out myself!

Tell me where you want me to stand and what to wave when!

Will me give me a good idea of the lines etc

cheers,

Greg

Paul,

I am bringing my 16 year old son with me, he could help, but would need to be put with someone competent. And will also want a go in my car.

Please let me know on the day.

Nick

It might sound like I'm winging, I don't mean to

Pete - All you gotta do is ask  ;)  :D  :)  and you'll get an answer, not always serious, but you'll get to know what you want  ;)  :p  :D  :)

Paul - I don't know if I'm taking car yet, it is all back together, see how it goes on Sunday at Curborough - if good then I'll be with car - But in any case I'll give ya hand with anything - batteries on charge  ;)  :D  :)

Which is the better / closest camp site ? I like the sound of Swallow Hall  ;)  :devil:  :0  :)  :D

Aye I can lend a hand or two doing some marshalling in between blagging some rides with kind Westie owners!!

Whos going and how many of us will there be??

Cheers

Kevin

PS Paul you bringing my Carbon dash??? Ta!!  :love:  :D  :p  ;)

blagging some rides with kind Westie owners

If mines running o.k you're more than welcome  ;)  :D  :)  :p

Thank you Mr Stanton, much appreciated - but remember to watch out for local wildlife!!  ;)  :0  :D  :p

Will be good to meet everyone and finally put some faces to names and nicknames on here!

Cheers and thanks

Kevin

Ya bunch o' lucky fu****s!! I'll be on the nightshift savin' lives!! :cool:  :devil: (and cleanin' up s**te! :angry:  :( ).

At least i'll have my car back :cool:  :cool: Thanks Paul!!