Do You Agree With The Carling Advert?

Norman Verona

The Carling advert describes their cats pee as "Brilliantly British"

Should be reported under the Trade Description act as British Beer is called Bitter and is full of flavour.

• Like 1

Lurks, I'm not really complaining about the taste but the calling of a Continental lager a British Beer.

Can't stand the stuff, and you are right its technically not British, however Carling was a Brit himself that moved to Canada

Isn't Carling a Danish beer? Or is that another one which had an advert about loading a artic with the stuff in Denmark?

I believe it actually made in the UK, so it would then be British Beer. The wife puts it out in the garden to get the slugs drunk if someone leaves a can at our house. Hate it myself and local pub 100yards away, has a choice of 2 real ales

Nissan & Toyota cars are made in Britain but it doesn't make them British.

Carling is a Danish beer brewed in Britain amongst other places.

However, To my mind, "British Beer" means traditional British beer called bitter.

I'll be in the UK next Friday and will enjoy my first pint of real ale since Christmas.

Posts gone missing. ??

"Bon appetit" Norm see you at Stoneleigh.

Bob :d

Hows about the IPA advert then, not what I'd call a typical ale drinking crowd and the beer looks cloudy, now if kept well IPA can be a good session beer, but if were to choose based on the ad I'd be drinking something else. It just looks crap.

Nissan & Toyota cars are made in Britain but it doesn't make them British.

Carling is a Danish beer brewed in Britain amongst other places.

However, To my mind, "British Beer" means traditional British beer called bitter.

I'll be in the UK next Friday and will enjoy my first pint of real ale since Christmas.

Bet it will taste even better after a long break. Favourite Tipple is?

IPA isn't trad British Beer. It built Burton on Trent as the brewing capital of the world due to the underground lake and it's clean fresh water. IPA is Indian Pale Ale and was sent to India for the ex pats.

My favourite beer? Well it used to be Old Peculiar but now it's probably Framers Blond brewed by the Bradfield Brewery. The chief brewer used to work at Kelham Island brewery and brewed Pale Rider. He left to set up Bradfield Brewer with a farmer when his old boss not only didn't give him a bonus for brewing CAMRA "Best Ale" several times but he didn't even say "thanks"

Norm I think you're referring to Carlsberg when you're thinking of a Danish lager :)

Edited by echoz

Carling as a brand is now owned by the South Africans, but was originally set up in Canada by a Yorkshireman!

Like many of these international "p*sswater" commodity brands, they're often brewed locally in the countries they're sold in. While I'm sure the employees might care about what they're doing, it does seem like these breweries could just be any other chemical works.

We have our own (excellent) micro brewery in Congleton, it's nice to see the where and how, and the passion such places bring to beer.

Ah, my little echo, your correct as usual.

At my age, memory is a rare commodity.

At least it's a similar name.

Gadget, couldn't agree more about peewater.