Pricey But Nicey.....

lippydave

Cheers mate, how am I going to come up with that kind of loot in 30 minutes?

I love it, wish I could afford it, definitely something I'd snap up.

Lovely car, shame they had to spoil it with that god awful roll cage.

Proper E-Bay ad too, nice pics!

Agreed, would be nicer without the cage, oh and the front bumper bar and airdam require a little fettling too, but overall what a lovely car. The engine installation is super tidy.....No exposed scruffy bits of loom, (one of my pet hates!)), or extraneous crap...

Could just see me out on sunny Sundays in that...;-)

Not sure. Good advert, very nice car.

BUT is it a classic? Seems more like a new car with an old style body. If I wanted a TR6 that would not be on my list. If I wanted a BMW M3 it wouldn't be on my list.

Ed to add that if it's from Kansas could it be "over the rainbow" Need the Capt'n to answer that. :)

Only in the US could a Classic be butchered and a BMW lump be put in, shame....

I like it (BMW's are my thing). Shame it's a US spec (aka 'not proper') M3 engine though.

whats the difference?

loose the roll cage and put the steering wheel on the right side and it would be perfect. i like the idea of older looking cars like that with modern everything else in. too many new cars just look the same these days.

whats the difference?

loose the roll cage and put the steering wheel on the right side and it would be perfect. i like the idea of older looking cars like that with modern everything else in. too many new cars just look the same these days.

The earlier (e36) Us M3's had a much softer engine than the Euro ones....Think they were ca. 60bhp shy...

There are more than enough tidy original TR6's out there to worry about putting a modern lump in it.

One of the nicest rero/modern mixes I've seen recently was a 3 Series E21 with a Chevy LS3 in it...It was a gorgeous mix of retro style, v8 engine and luvverly race spec running gear with handbuilt IRS. My pal had it in to do a few minor tweaks on it.

Speaking to the owner he'd stuffed ca. 50k into it....Lovely but eeeeeeeeekkkk!!

Edited to add:

Just found some pic's of the build of this car.....(E21)

http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=print&thread=97228

Only in the US could a Classic be butchered and a BMW lump be put in, shame....

Surely if you squint slightly, the same logic could apply to butchering a perfectly good MX5 and putting the engine into a Westie..... :devil: :devil: :laugh: :laugh: