You Wanted To See My First Race

CSRacing

Nope your right :-), Geo setup by me with tape measure too, so not got to stage yet when i trust going round the bends.

done loads of track days too, but in my RS4, so had 500BHP and 4 wheel drive so any mistakes easy to fix.

Second day out in the car as only a test day before, but even getting the right tyre temp is a magic art I'm not used to yet.

The Geo setup should make life easier, plus the pads on rear were just street ones, so not as easy to stop as i expected, but have new ones on order

Need to learn to heal and toe too, just maybe on a track like bedford, so mistakes easier to fix

Look forwards to seeing the next video - keep us posted :t-up:

Wow, that's a long race, especially for your first. Well done!

I was thinking the same thing. Forget the car, how did the driver cope with all that action for 40 mins ? I've done karting races of similar length and by the end of it I just wanted to die, how did you hold up ?

Once you've done something like that, you find a whole new level of respect for F1 drivers and the like who do that for 2 hours in even more extreme circumstances, but bang out laps within 10ths of a second of each other each time.

I was thinking the same thing. Forget the car, how did the driver cope with all that action for 40 mins ? I've done karting races of similar length and by the end of it I just wanted to die, how did you hold up ?

Once you've done something like that, you find a whole new level of respect for F1 drivers and the like who do that for 2 hours in even more extreme circumstances, but bang out laps within 10ths of a second of each other each time.

Yep pretty long race, was a very cold day. so no problems with getting to hot. but yep in the summer will be a bit harder i think, have my race underwear with a cooling agent, so helps :-) too well on the first day, i was freezing cold

But long day, as you can imagine drive there, 20 mins qualify then 40 min race later in the day.

will keep you all updated on the progress, next weekend have Brands Hatch, but still waiting for bits, so it will be only rear pads with Mintex 1144 to try.

If they are no good will go ds2500 or race compounds, as very light car

good stuff and a verrrry long race for first time out!

What's with the youtube ads though? Smacks of penny pinching :(

good stuff and a verrrry long race for first time out!

What's with the youtube ads though? Smacks of penny pinching :(

Sorry

was testing it out with ads.

As work for a Advertising Product (Velti) company that competes with Google, so wanted to see how well it works with google adsence, and testing all there tags and adnetworks they use.

but yep the full screen with 4 secs a bit over kill, and YouTube prefers them. will drop that one on the main race ones and see how it looks

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Video from Brands Hatch, came off on the 4 lap of Qualify and Then again with about 4 mins left of the race :-(

But getting used to the car now more, still last, but off to NMS next week for the Throttle Bodies and RR

Lots of other bits ordered but not come in yet or made, but should help for next race a lot

That looks so much fun, great to watch so thanks for sharing! Well done