You Wanted To See My First Race

CSRacing

First race of the season at Snetterton with CSCC Mag 7's Number #5

Was a wicked day and would recommend to all of you.

I started at the back and stayed there all race, but AeroRace Spec not upto the rest of the guys racing

Ordered more bits, but will slowly get better and upgrade it :-)

Will update my YouTube and Twitter with new Videos of each race

http://www.youtube.c...g?feature=guide

Throttle bodies, Wide Track, better pads all on order.

Trip to NMS soon to get it all sorted and GEO done

Brands in 2 weeks time, but not sure i will get much done, but will try.

• Like 1

good on yer for having a go chap - enjoyed watching the video

to be totally honest looking at the video I would be spending my money on some driver tuition - that sounds really mean I know but I think the experienced racers/sprinters will agree with me looking at your lines :blush:

please dont be miffed at me :(

by the way I am a total novice other than a handful of track days and would love to have the balls to have a go at what you are doing :t-up:

Nice to call yourself a "Racing Driver". Start last and finish last, at least you have room to get better. Good luck over the coming year, Vroom Vroom.

well done bud i wish i could get the chance to do it. Keep it up and keep us informed :t-up: :t-up:

Well done you, I started racing this year in the Northern Ireland Roadsports class and you've already beaten me, I had a little moment in my first qualifying and was out of the race due to a damaged steering connection on the upright. Posted a video on here a few weeks ago! Great thrill though! Keep up the good work. What are you using to record the data on your video?

Ian

good on yer for having a go chap - enjoyed watching the video

to be totally honest looking at the video I would be spending my money on some driver tuition - that sounds really mean I know but I think the experienced racers/sprinters will agree with me looking at your lines :blush:

please dont be miffed at me :(

by the way I am a total novice other than a handful of track days and would love to have the balls to have a go at what you are doing :t-up:

Nope your right :-), Geo setup by me with tape measure too, so not got to stage yet when i trust going round the bends.

done loads of track days too, but in my RS4, so had 500BHP and 4 wheel drive so any mistakes easy to fix.

Second day out in the car as only a test day before, but even getting the right tyre temp is a magic art I'm not used to yet.

The Geo setup should make life easier, plus the pads on rear were just street ones, so not as easy to stop as i expected, but have new ones on order

Need to learn to heal and toe too, just maybe on a track like bedford, so mistakes easier to fix

Well done you, I started racing this year in the Northern Ireland Roadsports class and you've already beaten me, I had a little moment in my first qualifying and was out of the race due to a damaged steering connection on the upright. Posted a video on here a few weeks ago! Great thrill though! Keep up the good work. What are you using to record the data on your video?

Ian

Shame mate, but your next race day will be more fun.

Video is via Chasecam PDR100, old but used to be a good model before HD, then overlay via RaceTechnology, as i have the DL1 MkII,Dash 2 and ECU

Cheer guys, will keep you updated on my progress. should have spent 2-3 months testing on the car before racing, just weather/work/issues stop me, oh and a collapsed lung too :-(

Is that the standard video output from Race Technology or have you got the video license?

Yep i got the video license as wanted full screen with no big water mark, but i think the normal one is the same just its at 50% of the resolution maybe

Also - how long is that race??

40 mins race with 1 min pitstop, as some swap drivers or cars to bring cost down

I started racing this year in the Northern Ireland Roadsports class and you've already beaten me, I had a little moment in my first qualifying and was out of the race due to a damaged steering connection on the upright. Posted a video on here a few weeks ago! Great thrill though! Keep up the good work. What are you using to record the data on your video?

Ian

Ian, i feel your pain mate, as just watched your video, lucky there was not more damage, had 5 crash/go off on my race, and saw the cars come back in a right mess :-(

Subscribed to your YouTube channel so can keep and eye on your progress also

40 mins race with 1 min pitstop, as some swap drivers or cars to bring cost down

Wow, that's a long race, especially for your first. Well done!