The Gardening Thread.... Sow Your Seeds And Scatter

sweet orange

Maybe the HG has blown.

• 3 months later...

Hey up,

Just doing my bit for the post count....

To sum up this years growing.

All life has ended in the green house, now got a washing line rigged up in it... excelent place for drying the clothes this time of year.

All the plants failed due to my lack of attention really i think, being self employed work comes first and things have been busy.

The potatoes outside have been poor, rotted mostly. :(

But the good news is some of the giant pumpkin seeds have grown, and one is huge! ( a two man lifting job ) George is looking forward to making a scary face in it come Halloween. Might get the other few for sale at the gate like last year.

Might get the Westfield out over the weekend if the roads dry up. There's a classic car show at Uttoxeter sunday... the pumpkins can look after themselves. :yes::yes:

this is my veg patch at the moment. i think it needs a bit more turning yet! Seriously though, can't wait to get my garden back and get the runner beans underway!

DSCN3661.jpg

How's the garden looking now?

Well I only had chilli plants this year, but i have so far had about 200 chillies off of the plants, and they are still blooming

Never grown Courgettes before so planted out 12 plants brought on in the greenhouse,

7 died......leaving me with 5..... I have had courgettes coming out of my ears, ( not literally) kept the whole street going in Courgettes and runner beans,

Will know better next year.

Carrots failed, to much rain, Parsnips fantastic! pigeon had me Broccolli,

Potatoes...got about 10lb from 4 rows about 10' long.

had a few peppers and about 50 chillies which I have dried over my log burner.

probably got 20 pods off 10 pea plants, 7 of the plants died from black root!

Norman..the potatoes revved to 8500rpm!

Edited by V8grunt

No idea what my pots rev to.

We didn't plant anything this year. The early part of the year was too wet and by the time it all dried out it was too late.

Anyway I wasn't fit enough to rotivate the area we're going to use.

Hope to start next spring.

Time to harvest the sprouts and get them cooking for Christmas soon!

bl**dy hate sprouts! Only useful in a catapult at next doors cats which regularly deposit a gift in my front garden

And I love sprouts, can't get enough. Do you remember how much you hated spinach at school diners? I do, even though it was in the 50s.

Well I now love spinach.

Funny how tastes change with age.

Now spinach i do like. Dont know why i went off sprouts, must be an age thing as you say.

So whats next in the garden Norm?

I am just picking the last of my rasberries and strawbs and toms.

I have no idea. All I know about growing things can be written on a matchstick.

I'll look at it over the winter and decide what to suggest HM plants.

You don't think I'm doing it it, do you?

Just bought a bag of Pickling Onions, get them soaking and add a few of my chillies!

Then along with the baby beetroots I have got pickling with added chilli,

I am looking forward to those long winter nights with the Log burner on, a glass of beer and some STRONG cheese to eat them with!

you might hear me in France Norman if the chillies do there job,

Gave some to an 82 year old friend last year, loves beetroot, did'nt tell him about the chillies, is face was a sight for sore eyes.....

Said they were loverly, when his mouth had cooled down!

Just bought a bag of Pickling Onions, get them soaking and add a few of my chillies!

Then along with the baby beetroots I have got pickling with added chilli,

I am looking forward to those long winter nights with the Log burner on, a glass of beer and some STRONG cheese to eat them with!

you might hear me in France Norman if the chillies do there job,

Gave some to an 82 year old friend last year, loves beetroot, did'nt tell him about the chillies, is face was a sight for sore eyes.....

Said they were loverly, when his mouth had cooled down!

You better put PANTS on your Christmas list.

(And toilet roll!)

:laugh: :laugh:

Talking about toilet rolls, did you know the metric rolls are narrower than imperial rolls.

this is my veg patch at the moment. i think it needs a bit more turning yet! Seriously though, can't wait to get my garden back and get the runner beans underway!

DSCN3661.jpg

Wow! Did a bomb go off in your garden