Sssh, Keep It Quiet, But I'm Working On The Car

Norman Verona

My thumb is still bandaged and the dressing is changed every day by the district nurse. However it's stopped hurting as much as it has over the past 6 weeks so, whilst I can't grip anything in my left hand I've started working on the car.

I will restart work on the house when I can grip things between thumb and forefinger.

I've got the car in the air, the oil draining, the ds out and apart, the oil cooler out and draining.

Just popped in for a cuppa and thought I'd tell everyone my good news.

• Like 1

Congratulations, I know what it is like to be back working on the car. With getting married last Easter Weekend, the kit has been sorely neglected over late.

But last weekend back in there with a determination to get it on the road during the summer

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Like that!!!

Out of what?

No, you're right, I've had far too much time off. 6 weeks for my back now 6 weeks for my thumb.

Wonder what I'll injure next?

I'm not going to be able to finish the car yet as it's going to be too difficult to change the cam belt with a thumb that doesn't work.

Oily stuff all clean, rerouting the petrol pipe to keep it in cool air. Finding it difficult to locate the filter/regulator away from heat but I'm thinking. I've got the pipe running along the lower chassis rail to the front. I was hoping to locate the filter in front of the rad but there's not enough space between the cone and the rad for it. I'm now looking under the steering rack. Should be in the air stream there.

Out of what?

No, you're right, I've had far too much time off. 6 weeks for my back now 6 weeks for my thumb.

Wonder what I'll injure next?

I'm not going to be able to finish the car yet as it's going to be too difficult to change the cam belt with a thumb that doesn't work.

Oily stuff all clean, rerouting the petrol pipe to keep it in cool air. Finding it difficult to locate the filter/regulator away from heat but I'm thinking. I've got the pipe running along the lower chassis rail to the front. I was hoping to locate the filter in front of the rad but there's not enough space between the cone and the rad for it. I'm now looking under the steering rack. Should be in the air stream there.

Well done Norm. if you cant get the filter / regulator away from heat - how about ducting some cool air to it instead?

That's what I've done. I've located it on the top cross brace just behind the edge of the rad. I'm going to run a small flexi pipe to it from in front of the rad.

If I can find a small flexi pipe.

What happens when the rotovator turns up?

Rotovators can be made to work with a bum thumb. :)

Anyway, that won't be until the 11th May. I would like to get started on the house by next Wednesday so I can finish it by 3rd May (when we leave for the UK). Then finish the cars when I get back. I have a windscreen to fit to the Midget as well.

Best laid plans of mice and men. Which reminds me, we have a mouse in the kitchen again. It's the only time I miss those cats.

Good news Norman! :t-up: or should that be :yes: :d

Good news Norman! :t-up: or should that be leftThumb.gif :d

I had to do that to see the difference. Have now seen it but sill don't understand it.

OK, had the morning off and now back into the garage. I've finished the oil and filter and the fuel pipe (except for route at the rear). Had it running and it started with the big charger on it and a few turns which isn't bad seeing as it hasn't run for about a year.

Now going to re-route the fuel pipe at the rear as it's crossing the tunnel and is too close to the prop for my liking. I'm bringing the air filters in to be put round the washing machine. The rest will have to wait as the compressor is in the house (to drive the nail gun) so will have to wait till I've finished putting those floor board down.

Good news Norman! :t-up: or should that be :yes: :d

Good news Norman! :t-up: or should that be leftThumb.gif :d

I had to do that to see the difference. Have now seen it but sill don't understand it.

It means left or right hand/thumb, Norman ;)