The Lotus Merry-Go-Round

Mark (smokey mow)

And purely for the benifit of Porcorn sales.......

1957 Group Lotus/Lotus Cars begin Manufacture the Lotus7

1973 Rights for Manufacture of the Lotus7 Sold to Caterham

2011 Caterham Cars Purcased by Team Lotus owner Tony Fernandes

Meanwhile

1983 Westfield Sports Cars begin manufacture of the Seven (pre-lit)

2006 Westfield Sold to Potenza Sports Cars

2010 POTENZA signs Joint venture agreement with DRB-HICOM for development, import, manfacture and distribution of POTENZA sports cars in Asia Pacific and the manfacture of components and kits for UK assembly.

2012 DRB-HICOM Purchases Proton and Group Lotus

So Who has the heritage? :laugh: Is it Team Lotus/Caterham because they own the maufacturing rights to the Lotus7 or maybe it's Group Lotus/DRB-HICOM the original designer/manufacturer of the 7 who now 55 years later are Manufacturing 7's again with Westfield? :oops::suspect::d

And as a consequence could we some time in the future see a Lotus badge appear on a Westfield? :d :d :d

• Like 2

I hear the sound of a pin being pulled.....Popcorn and Pringles, please! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Have to admit I don't really get heritage. Your only as good as your last game ;)

What has Caterham done lately, what has Westfield done lately...? If Ferrari started producing rubbish cars they'd be forgotten in no time.

Remember friends reunited? They started the social interweb but where are they now? Facebook know owns it! :laugh:

Oh please someone pop that up on Blatchat :d [/mischievous]

Does that mean that eventually the new "re-worked" GTM will actually be an Elise?

• Like 1

caterham own the rights to produce the s1 elise

Spotted it, no replies yet though! Does that mean they need smelling salts after reading it :laugh:

Done :laugh:

Link please!

Never joined Blatchat, very rarely ever looked at it due to its well-documented public keyboard warriors and their attitude, but have to say it's one of the ugliest-looking, messiest, most difficult to read online boardrooms it's been my displeasure to visit. Whoever laid it out wants slapping, and so does his guide dog.

/all IMHO, of course

It's funny Captain, your last post could have almost been lifted verbatim from Blatchat many times over the years! I say almost, as they'd have thrown in the usual comment regarding the mishmash of photgraphic/highly colour/irregular shaped Avatars, ditto for signature pics. And there's usually a comment about the awfulness of embedded video/photographs in post bodies.

Though to be fair, I'm actually half with them on embedded video. For various technical, (distance partly, plus damned use of aluminium) reasons I get only a portion of quoted broadband speeds. That's life, just the way it is, "no biggie". However, before going Infinity, embedded video threads could be a right pain to load. I used to really dread them.

Ooh, forgot to say. One thing I really, really like on Blatchat; the "In the office" skin, instantly tones everything down, all graphics etc gone.

:suspect::oops: A similar skin would be really handy! :suspect:;) ;) :yes:

I know you can go in and change your individual settings, but a simple choice of "discrete" skin, with no graphics, no emoticons, no photographs - including avatars, plain er, discrete colour scheme.

Just something a bit less "obvious" for that Boardroom page left open in the browser while you carry on with other work, nipping back for a sneak peek while uploading/downloading and saving work stuff.

Using the Mobile theme in here with Firefox tones it down a bit, but not so much you'd call it discreet...

But when you're the boss, you don't care who's looking over your shoulder! :)