Paypal! I Hate It, I Hate It, I Hate It, I Hate It, I Hate It, I Hate It, I Hate It Etc

Norman Verona

PayPal - I HATE IT

Just bought a rotovator on Ebay,

I go to pay, with my UK credit card. It wont accept it because it says it's not registered at my French address. IT IS!!!!!

The only way I can make the payment is to use my French Carte Bancaire (Bank Card).

OK, no problem you say..

Well actually there is as the rate I got was .795102 whereas I get .825 through RationalFx.

I know it's only a few quid but bl00dy Paypal is wrong (again) and should check with the card provider to verify the address instead of just saying no, can't use a UK card if you live abroad.

I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal.I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal.I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal.I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal.I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal. I hate PayPal.

There you are I feel better now (no I don't!)

ed to add that they've got it WRONG again. Having changed my address back to the French one (was my Sheffield address) they've just sent me an email giving South Yorkshire as my location.

if you are collecting why not pay on collection

Pete, because I'm not collecting until the 4th May and I'm sure I wouldn't wait till then for payment and then find a no show.

Now then, did I tell you that I HATE PAYPAL.

It's not just this fiasco but, how about this. When we moved to France I lost a credit card. Card was cancelled and a new one issued. To change the card on PayPal you must enter the existing card number. You go figure. I raise it as a query but never got a response. I had to change my email address (I have several) & open a new account to use Ebay again.

i hate them to. contact the seller and send him a cheque to hold it for you

on the flip side I think paypal is great

makes life so easy

oh but did I tell you about the fiasco I had with my business paypal accounts - grrrr

Paid now. The listing said Paypal or cash (if collected with 4 days). It probably only cost an extra £3 but it's just so annoying.

I emailed him offering to do a bank transfer but he replied saying he would not release his bank details. He also said that there was several people after it so I'd better get my bid in quick. I waited until 15 seconds before the end and was still the only bidder. Some people should try and use salesmanship rather than lies.

Cleggy, just as easy to use internet banking and pay direct with no hassle. I pay for most things by credit card or transfers. It's only Ebay that I have to use Paypal.

It's probably me, but I always have agro when I have to pay by paypal.

i find paypal quick and easy till it goes wrong. but you have protection still if using credit card or direct debit from bank.

I sold some gear recently on ebay was paid into PP , could not believe how much comission they charged me , load of paul Ankers the lot of 'em

Deep breaths Norm.....Idont have to much fun with them either. But then, I am a cranky old fart.

Steve, so am I.

But I still hate Paypal.

Sometimes I would like to put some old ground over paypal......

Can I join the I HATE PAYPAL CLUB?