Good Buzz :-)

dstorey

Just thought I'd share.

While filling up in Westy today a 4 yr old lad walked up to me and asked if he could sit in my car! I put him in the drivers seat and told him not to drive too fast and his mum and dad spent the next 5 mins taking photos of him! His little face was a picture when I came out and his parents said I'd made his day. Just another bonus of owning a Westy! :d

Dom

• Like 1

Thats fantastic. Lucky lad, and the kid! :-)

• Like 1

I'm never growing up :t-up:

I often let kids walking around the paddock sit in my car for photos

Gets them interested at an early age and they think its brilliant

I love watching kids faces when they see my car, and yes, if they're nice well-behaved little breadsnappers, I even let them sit in it.

I also love watching men out walking with their wives while I'm driving. The man's head turns while the wife's gaze is fixed and straight ahead as her grip on his hand tightens, saying don't even think about it.

But I really feel sorry for the men out by themselves pushing a pram when they see me drive by - the wistful, resigned look on their faces says it all. Almost makes me feel guilty. Almost.

• Like 1

Almost makes me feel guilty. Almost.

Feel like telling them that I had to wait till I was 60 before I got mine. Guess what age I feel when I slide into the cockpit and buckle up for another boy racer MOMENT!!!!!

Where we used to live was a bit of a tourist trap. The car would be out the back and I would often be leaning on the wall watching the cricket. Mabel would say "Ooh what's that funny little car, Fred". Fred would look at the badge and declare "It's one of those there kit cars Mabel".They walked on.

my kids think my cage is a climbing frame :cry::laugh:

getting waves, interested folk and the very occasional bit of abuse from the odd teanage oik is all part of the fun of ownership

Yep, all of the above! Though my favourite passer-by comment is from my aeroscreened, be-helmeted days; stopped at a crossing in town, a rather attractive young mum is leading her little lad by the hand, across the road in front of me, the son's practically hopping up and down with excitement, pointing at me and the car and shouting "Mummy, mummy it's the Stig!". The very yummy mummy turns, gives me a withering glance up and down, says "No son, that's the American Stig". From Hero to Zero in about five seconds flat. :d mind you, I was laughing half the way home afterwards.

• Like 3

Nought wrong with being the American Stig! :):d

Doesn't American Stig = British Stig + burgers :laugh:

Gadgetman is just big-boned, is all. But you'd be amazed how fast he can move over a gate with a pair of red swept wings!

It's one of the easiest cars to overtake with on the road.

Yes it helps that I have over 400bhp/ton, but it's mainly because other drivers actually move over for you.

Of all the other quick cars I have owned, I have only been waved by perhaps 10 times. I had that in the first couple of weeks!

People seem to be incredibly courteous towards them :)

It's true, other drivers frequently invite you past, in a good way!