Halfords Low Price For Castrol

Cleggy the Spyder Man

just had one of their emails popped through and looks like great prices for castrol magnatec

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&storeId=10001&productId=254023&categoryId=165581&langId=-1

shame most of us will need 5 litres or so for an oil change :-/

Thats only part synthetic so not very good price for only 4 litres imho.

I had a mate who worked in the "motor pool" for royal mail, and they had banned the use of magnatec as they could trace a high occurrence of engine failures back to the date they started using magnatec, and then it stopped when they switched away......yes its heresay and rumour but I trust the guy and it was good enough for me to avoid the stuff...

Thats only part synthetic so not very good price for only 4 litres imho.

with a quick google it seems like a good price for that product -

as regards to being good value or a quality product I have no idea - I was not recommending it just pointing out the fact it was cheap

having said that I have changed my oil 4 times in 10k and it has had different makes of 10 40 each time - I don't really think for what I do with the car and the state of tune it is in it makes a jot of difference within reason what make you stick in it

and to be honest changing the oil so frequently is probably a waste of money too :-)

with a quick google it seems like a good price for that product -

as regards to being good value or a quality product I have no idea - I was not recommending it just pointing out the fact it was cheap

having said that I have changed my oil 4 times in 10k and it has had different makes of 10 40 each time - I don't really think for what I do with the car and the state of tune it is in it makes a jot of difference within reason what make you stick in it

and to be honest changing the oil so frequently is probably a waste of money too :-)

Agree with this, I normally change twice a year (which works out to be every 1000-1500 miles) and normally pay approx £20 for 5l of Comma.