Petition To Save The Belgian Grand Prix At Spa Francorchamps

Norman Verona

Sign the petition here: http://www.grandprixf1.be/home.html

Are you proactive and sensitive of the consequences of the Grand Prix of Belgium F1 ?

You too, join the projects of "Defend Francorchamps"

Your signature IS A BIG SUPPORT!

http://www.grandprixf1.be/home.html

The inhabitants of Francorchamps and all of their friends defend the economy of the COUNTRY and introduce you to the petition of good sense; Against the alternation of the Grand Prix F1 of Belgium.

We are not against the Grand Prix of France, with its FIA president, 3 pilots, a manufacturer and an oil company at the top, the return to France is only a beginning!

However eventually, it is unacceptable that Belgium leaves the table!

Don't wait any longer, the decisions have already been made, but we fight back!

We are for the durability of the Grand Prix and its annual organisation at Francorchamps without any other alternative.

As a reminder, many friends of the north work for the Grand Prix F1 of Belgium as supplier. Some have been working for the organisation since 20 years and have built an international reputation.

Ok, the Walloon Region doesn't have to bear the costs on its own.

THE CONSEQUENCES for the federal taxes are higher than for any other event of the year.

In short, asking France for help by introducing alternation is a BIG MISTAKE.

It is crucial that the politicians understand this!

Without thinking in terms of votes and popular approach, but RETURN ON INVESTMENT.

You too, show your disagreement with the alternation of the Grand Prix F1 by signing our petition.

Your signature will be sent to the authorities of the country.

Let's defend the economical values of the Circuit of Francorchamps together!

Our GRAND PRIX is yours!

You are an associate of a well-thought-out and structured petition.

Your opinion is of great importance.

http://www.grandprixf1.be/home.html

With sportive greetings.

The committee of DEFEND FRANCORCHAMPS

Personally I think it would be better to have no european GP and see how Bernie gets on in brave new world with global viewing figures and then comes back with his tail between his legs.

Where do I sign for this?

I'm booked to go to the Spa Grand Prix in September. I certainly hope it won't be the last time.

But if they over stretch themselves for the next five years just for the sake of it, IMO it will never back on the calender.

I feel the same for silverstone - if you look at the rights, everything but the gate money (TV, Advertising etc etc) goes straight to F1 (bernie) and the circuit is ony left with the gate money - which means you and me. IMHO the european countries are trying to compete with the OS countries who have government money (one thing that G.Brown didn't pure money into) and therefore have no way to compete. But as you can see in Malaisa and Turkey once to initial interest dies out nobody is interested and they sell tickets at 15 euros.

Just my thought for the future of F1, have probably had too much to drink tonight so feel free to ignore if you disagree.

I remember Eccelstone saying "What wonderful modern facilities they have provided here" at each of the new Asian and middle east circuits and then went on to say " If only the European circuits could produce the same". Yes mate, all those new circuits were built with public money, something the Europeans would not be allowed to do. Europe is where the real interest in F1 is and as Pistol Pete says, once the interest has died down who will support and visit Grand Prix's. We started it all those years ago and there will always be the enthusiasm from the Brits, French, Italians and Germans.

Ecclestone doesn't care if the Asians turn out to watch their GPs. The TV money is what he gets.

No but if gp went mostly non european you would see a hugh fall in viewing numbers.

No but if gp went mostly non european you would see a hugh fall in viewing numbers.

Not sure you would, does not bother me at all where they are racing, unless the track is obviously crap. According to FT, what is driving the moves are the sponsors who want a more global audience.

Wouldn't bother me one jot if the current F1 lot crashed and burned , maybe we would get back to some grass roots racing .

Ive had more fun watching the speed series boys compete at 3 sisters TBH :)

• Like 1

Agreed.

Thats handy, the speed series are there next weekend.

For F1/motorsport fans a few documentaries you may enjoy that I stumbled into on youtube:

Watched some Rally Cross on the tele the other day. First time I'd seen it for years very enjoyable. No greedy Ecclestones taking all the cash. If the European viewers switched off as a lot seem to be doing he won't care, there are billions in China and India to more than cover the punters over here. Business is business my boy.

Bob

Somehow lost my formatting keys ???

Think thats the way the sponsors are thinking, last time I looked at the numbers the UK appeared to have lost ~1m (20%) of viewers with the sky fiasco, roughly 3:1 in favour of BBC of those that remained although its early days. I suspect the tide will turn around a bit though, I have worked with plenty of Chinese but never found one who was a motorsport fan, just not part of their culture, I doubt many places in asia will be much different for a very long time.

Wouldn't bother me one jot if the current F1 lot crashed and burned , maybe we would get back to some grass roots racing .

There are a lot of Race Series around the world all with different classes of cars and organisation. The idea of competing in a Local sprint series or Karting competition for some gifted driver and then stepping up to F2 or F1 is possible . We don't all have to support every kind of race series. F1 is the top of the ladder and is dominated by Money, personal ego's and politics, It's aways been like that and always will. Kevin Jones has hit the nail on the head, Asian and Middle East people are not what we call Petrolheads, they are interested in how many people you can carry in a car and how many mpg it will do. Where the attraction for Motorsport comes from over that part of the world is a mystery to me, although do I detect not quite full grandstands this year at the first couple of races?