Is It Me, Or...

Blatman

... are there a lot of threads in the Chat section that really ought to be in the Tech section? Seems to have got worse since the new Board was introduced too. Discuss...

• Like 2

Absolutely , a subject I have questioned previously

My thoughts on this are that in "most circumstances " the OP's will not get there question across to the full compliment of Westfield anoracs technical personell , simply because most dont waste there time reading the large amount of nonesensical dribble posted in this section, which we all know is strictly reserved for us bored to tears morons :) :) :)

When I started my build diary I just didn't know what section to put it in- newbies, tech or chat. Maybe others suffer from the same dithering?

I think it would be a good idea to have a section purely for build/rebuild/major overhauls so they all go in the same place

When I started my build diary, there were already a few in the chat section so that is why I put mine there

I'll be honest, that's why I put my rebuild thread in chat too...

...if that's where people are going looking!

Build diaries are one thing, but straight up technical questions? Of the 16 non sticky threads on page 1 right now, I reckon 7 of them should be in the Tech area. Why are folk not utilising the tech area for tech questions?

I see what you mean, I always use the "View New Content" function, so can't say I'd noticed; but going having a look at the Chat forum, does seem to show a lot of technical questions.

As to why, I'm sure some will just be, er, carelessness, for the majority though, I don't know. Some may feel intimidated in such sections?

I would suggest moving the techie section underneath the chat section if it can be done? - and extending its desciption so it makes it clearer what goes in :t-up:

The downside of posting in the wrong forum also makes "searching " for a techy solution difficult for those who struggle .

Not impossible (especially for the Blatters of this world ) but uneccesarily messy

Or mods could start moving posts into the correct section. I think if people read answers to similar questions in chat, then they are more likely to post in the same section

Oh no. The new beef for Blatman in sticking stuff in the wrong section. :d

Morning mate .............................................................................................................................................................................. :westy:

I agree, but whilst I've got your attention does anyone know how to bleed my brakes?

its just a minor technicality :)

does anyone know how to bleed my brakes?

Yes, next.................... :d

I always use the "View New Content" function, so can't say I'd noticed

:yes: me too