Caterham c**k!

leemarkadams

Just been to Goodwood to see the breakfast club, the car park is the best bit mind with some fab fezzas and lots of other nice cars. A few westies and a load of caterhams which leads me to the point of this...,..

Some bloke there obviously had a caterham (how could I tell you may ask, well the caterham jacket and matching hat were a give away) who was going round the car park with his mates ******ging off anything not a caterham! Now I know the caterhams are better built (as a rule) but he then went back to his roadsport 125 caterham, not exactly the quickest car in the world!

Anyway, I just laughed to myself and thought what a Nobber!

Some people are just like that unfortunatly. But really, who cares what he thinks? Laughing about it is the only way to go.

It never seems to occur to people like that what r500 drivers might think of them ;)

We all work to different tastes and more importantly probably, budgets.

One thing I really like about this club (compared to 'real' life) is you can blow a fortune on a new kit, or buy a ferrari and start a thread...'look at my new toy', and there's no judgement, no envy just interest and compliments. :t-up:

• Like 2

Yes Doug, and there isn't the same engine snobbery either. OK, there's a bit of light-hearted banter about types, but the whole ethos of this club is about not being judgemental, just encouraging each other to get out in their cars and have some fun, and offering support if you can. There's not a chance in hell I'd be the membership secretary or any other committee member in any of the other sevens club I know.

All marque based clubs have such members.

Then again, walk round Stonleigh or similar with a bunch of Westfield owners and sooner or later, someone will come out with similar, 'crept once upon a time it'd have been about a Robin Hood, or maybe a four seat Vindicator thingy!

I choose to believe its always in banter/jest, and meant under the general take the p*ss out of everything with no fear or favour rule. Sadly, it isn't always. :oops:

(I not talking about the genuinely nasty stuff that occasionally pops up by the way, just the stuff you get with a bunch of mates at a show etc)

Phw, thought you meant me for a minute :)

There are nobbers in all walks of life to be honest. To be balanced most of the Caterham owners I have met have been spot on and two Caterham owners on this very forum have been amongst the most helpful when I have needed it. Thanks Jeff and Norm ;) I look in on the Porsche area on Pistonheads and to be honest dont post much as it seems that quite are few of them are very up them selves and just think chucking money at something is the way to go. Still again there are a few good ones. Just let them get on with it and think :arse: as they walk by.

I shared the tunnel last year when going to Le Mans with 2 Caterham owners and these guys were excellent.

We chatted away about our cars and what the plans were for when we were out there

All 3 of us came off the train and had a blast along the Eurotunnel station towards the exit. It was fun and I cant say a bad word against them.

Here in Scotland we have had shared runs with the Border 7s and I have only been on 1 run with them, but they were a great bunch of guys.

I shared the tunnel last year when going to Le Mans with 2 Caterham owners

Well, that's a euphemism I've not heard before! :p:d

The reality is that we are all motoring enthusiasts and we love our cars whether they are Westfields, GBS, Robin Hood, Caterham, Porsche, Dutton or whatever you have. Looking down your nose or ******ging off someone elses car just because you think your car is better is just, well, narrow minded and wrong. These people just need to get a life!

Well, that's a euphemism I've not heard before! :p:d

Maybe I should have phrased that a bit better. It was Eurotunnel out of Folkestone, honest guvnor.

N.i. se7ens have a mixture of Westfields, Caterhams with the odd Hood, Tiger and Mk. All of the Caterham boys are dead on. No snobbery here :)

Ah, but the previous Chairman of the L7C banned non Caterhams from area meets and clubs meetings.

Is it any wonder some of the members are like it when their leaders sets that sort of example.

Been out on a blat today to the cafe for breakfast.

Two TVR's, A fezza, tiger, MK. westy's, mx5, Quantum,all sorts from 3 different clubs

And it don't matter a toss what you got, its like minded people enjoying themselves.

If these people wish to be like that then AFAIC they can play on their own, the nob heads.

I agree with what has been said.

Happens a lot TBH, especially with premium brands.

I think it is self reassurance that having spent more money on something guarantees you a better product when it simply doesn't.

Been out on a blat today to the cafe for breakfast.

Two TVR's, A fezza, tiger, MK. westy's, mx5, Quantum,all sorts from 3 different clubs

And it don't matter a toss what you got, its like minded people enjoying themselves.

If these people wish to be like that then AFAIC they can play on their own, the nob heads.

But the Fezza driver did get his own "exclusive table" and served first :d:p:d