Newark Show

jon fry

we were thinking of camping over at the newark show on the 15 june

will there be a large westfield group or are you all going to le mans

Well I'll be there, as I only live about 10 mins from the showground. Although if I haven't finished fixing my car by then, I'll be pushing it down :). About ready to put the engines back in. I'm just glad we've got a long weekend coming :).

Probably only on the Sunday tho, as I've got parentcraft classes on Saturday afternoon  :0.

Andrew

I haven't been to Newark for many years, always seems to clash with something - last time I was there - club attendances were on the low side from everyone except the Robin Crowd - but it is on their doorstep  ;)  :D  :)  :cool:

Have a Good Un  ;)  :D  :)

A Bolton, engines?  Two? or do you own the monster?  also I'm about 1/2 hr from newark and will be there, but there has been a p*** poor Westy attendance over the last 3 or 4 years,  Why, not that far of centre surely. Come on WRO be there.       Brian

About 20 Westfields there on Sunday a couple of years ago when the weather was absolutely scorching.

Newark is a decent sized show but is declining in popularity these days, maybe because there are too many kit-car shows now. I always enjoy going there and plan to be there on Saturday as doing an organised charity run through the Peak District ending at Buxton Pavilion on the Sunday.

I went both days last year. saturday was pretty poor, only about 5 westfields there before i had to leave (~1pm) sunday was much better with a really good bunch of owners making an appearence and the weather held out nicely as i remember. Westfield had stand and the parts dept were there. No real club presence but its not really that close to any of the local club areas.

I've got one of the two (three? never found out) Z-Cars twin-bike engine Westies. After a small incident at Cadwell (last October!;), I've been somewhat lazy in putting it back together over the winter. Got both engines in on Monday (lifted by hand  ??? ) and most of the plumbing done yesterday, but foiled by split o ring  :angry:  leaving coolant all over the garage floor. Got new nose cone to fit (bit of cutting to go round front roll-bar mounts), and MOT (got to find a very deaf tester  :D ), then I'll be there on the Sunday. Despite living so close, I've managed to be on holiday for the shows in the two years I've been living up here, so haven't been before.

See you there, hopefully!

Andrew

PS, I'm vaguely thinking about possibly selling it - baby on the way meaning even less time than I get now. Bit difficult to justify. Good spec (AP brakes, Stack x2, Avo shocks, lots of custom bits), but cosmetically a bit tatty - needs more TLC time than I have managed. Obviously fairly quick :D. If anybody might be interested, let me know (andrew.bolton@bnpparibas.com).