Goodwood Sprint In April

adhawkins

Hi guys,

Just wondering who is planning on competing at the Goodwood Spring in April? I assume because it's called a Sprint it's on the circuit rather than the hill?

I might fly in to say hello if there are people going :)

Andy

Wow, this one seems popular...can I assume Goodwood's sprinting costs are similar to their aviation ones? :)

Andy

I am planning to enter as its close to home, they are usually more expensive as its Glorious Goodwood, they also pretty sensitive about noise.May see you there ?

Pete

What date exactly.

Might come down and get my old wreck checked for noise level as would love to take it round Goodwood this year.

It won't be the hill, thats just for the Festival. The track is miles better anyway.

Love goodwood but always get kicked off as although the v8 is quiet (98 dvd) the big pulses trip the noise meters

End up tickling around in practice get warned and retested on first run then told I have set every meter off on the track goodbye

I'll be there Andy, double driving with Paul Morcom. Be good to see you again.

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like it might be worth a trip.

Need to give the airfield a bell to make sure they don't hike up their landing fees for this like they do their other track events!

Andy

Andy, this isn't really an 'event' as such compared to the others... often the competitors/crew outnumber the spectators, especially if the weather isn't great ;)

I've been a few times and they normally have Ferrari's and Caterhams sprinting too. A couple of years back they had a Ferrari in by accident with a couple or Westys. The Ferrari went first and came back last! :laugh:

Normally plenty of space for watching the cars go by along the pit wall. Not having many people there is a + too :t-up:

Funniest thing at a sprint event there ever was when the Caterhams were competing as part of their championship, four of them lined up as normal but when the light turned green ALL FOUR took off together :laugh: :laugh:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, aircraft is still booked, but weather isn't looking brilliant.

Will take a view on it in the morning and see what happens.

Good luck to all if we don't show.

Andy