London to Brighton kit car run - 9th June

Neil H

Hi all.

I've not seen any mention in the forum of the London to Brighton kit car run, don't know if anyone else is aware of it or not?

Here's the url for the web site with downloadable application form.

http://www.classicmotorshow.com/lbkcr.htm

I've sighned up, only cost something like £30.

It coincides with the WSCC Berks area meeting, I'm suggesting to the AO that we make use of it as our meet instead.

Cheers,

Neil

b*******! I'll be sprinting at Dunkeswell (assuming I get in), sunny Devon........If I don't get in, I'll be along.

IT,S 67 POUNDS 50P [CAN,T FIND POUNDS SIGN ON

KEYBOARD]:durr: . A TAD EXPENSIVE FOR A TRIP TO THE

SEASIDE? ALTHOUGH FISH AND CHIPS ON THE PIER

IS VERY TEMPTING.

REGARDS

KORKY :t-up:

£££££££££

Its hold down the shift key and press 3 £££  ;)  :D  :)  Unless you got a US format keyboard  :D

I might be 'tight' (in fact my brother once gave me a silver dollar and I managed to get the eagle to squark!;) but IMHO £67.50 is outrageous (as last year).

The only saving grace for charging this amount is the pose factor at Madiera Drive at the end where it is nice to park up in a nice public place with like minded kit car owners but you can do that at least once a month by going to a club meeting!

I'll put my £67.50 towards a track day I think - but I will probably join one of the several 'fringe drives' on the same day as that was great fun last year.

I realise my mistake in guessing what the cost was.

It isn't that large a fee. After all it's only the equivalent of a pair of shoes that the missus would have bought anyway. Far better to redistribute wealth to a trusty cause ;-)

Andrew and I did it last year and had a great day out. :D

I guess my disappointment with this year, is that it looks (from the blurb I received) that it is the same route, with the same stopping places as last year.  

???

In which case (since I still have the route book) I can do it for FREE anytime.  :p.

I would just miss out on all the cameraderie, friendship, story telling, line shooting, not just of Westfield owners but  the whole spectrum of kit car builders, and FUN of a great day out :cool:

I did the run last year and had a great time..... I'm 'organising' :)  this years attendance of my local club and have found out that if you 'buy six' you get one free.... makes it slightly less painful.

Also if you send in the applications all at once you get sequential start times.

So, at the moment we have around eight from the Surrey area (are you listening chaps?) which should make for a fun day out.

Regards

John

The MegaBLADE Site

John.

As the Thames Valley area of WSCC has started up again I've distributed details out to hopefully get wider intrest as well.

Will be good see Westies there in some sort of strength of numbers.

Cheers,

Neil

Would that be in weight order John?  :D  or will you start at the back and see how many you can get past by the first 'tea' stop !  :devil:  ;)

I find it best to drive incognito  :cool:  - considerably LESS wind resistance too  :arse:  than your fat head  :D

Being of a technical bent, I think I could rig up a periscope thingy (technical term) that you'd find useful :D  :D  :D

BTW are you doing the run? If so I'll include you on the Surrey email list for the new and improved cost, meeting point before arrival, and 'after event Bar-B-Q' etc.

Regards

John

The MegaBLADE Site

No John, I don't think I'll be doing the run as I have a race meeting that weekend - however if I don't get my entry I may see you in Brighton - probably go down on the motorbike like last year though so I get somewhere to park!  :D