Darve's Build Diary

darve

Its a standard Mazda SDV problem.  I was looking for the receipt to find out what thread/depth I bought to fix the snag but unfortunately I can't find it - probably just a till receipt.   Merlin Motorsport at Castle Coombe had the right part in stock, and it was cheap to fix.

thanks for looking mate :) a bit of tinterweb searching suggests m10 x 1.0

• 3 weeks later...

Not a lot of progress lately but fuel tank, pump and filter is fitted

20120914_191632.jpg

Now for an important decision! What colour should I do the cam cover? Matt black or grey the same as the engine?

20120914_191709.jpg

20120914_191743.jpg

I'll be cutting the front of the cam cover off to reveal the cam pully's

I'd go for a contrasting colour for the cam cover to the engine. Black would look good, but i'd match the colour to the body tub. I originally had crimson for mine which worked well before i went all chrome :d

Hmmm a white cam cover. That'll show the dirt.

Maybe white with black lettering or black with white lettering?

The wife suggested pink :(

Ooooo that does look nice! Think I'll have to get it powder coated to get a nice finish rather than DIY with a rattle can.

Where did you get your nice cam cover bolts from Mark and what cost roughly?

How about doing the camcover red with white lettering to match the timing belt

Pete's got gay purply coloured bolts. Have a look round, you can buy just about any colour you like these days.

I glass beaded my cam cover and picked out the F O R D in mid blue. It was painted gold and looked crap.

Knock yourself out with a look through this lot :d

http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=10066

How weird, there are some fantastic looking paint/powder coat jobs in there, but what's with the obsession for swapping the characterful original style valve cover for the identikit "square and finned" jobs that look like the dressed up standard rot box covers you get on the "sports" models of Boggs standard family cars.