Loosing Weight

SteveD

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :oops:

well i have taken in sort of what everyone said and the advice they gave .and today adam i did a 10k run ,no seriously i have really tried and my weight is coming back down quite quickly ,so cheers guy n girls

Very well done I am impressed. Do the runs and you'll reap many benefits to your health. You may not believe it yet but you will start to feel more energetic. Focus on doing regular runs and keep a record of your time and try to improve. You will make big improvements over the coming weeks and the weight dropping off will just happen. On the runs don't be afraid to drink a lucozade sport it will enable you to run longer/ faster and you'll still be more energy overall. Get some running music it empowers you and helps your pace. If you have an iPhone buy Nike+ gps app it's a few quid and is a great tool does music, progress even gives praise!

well in my infenit search for weight loss and fitness i have just been out on my bike

but i cant seem to walk now ,me thinks i over did it biking a mile :oops:

Did you remember to fit a saddle wuv? :)

• Like 1

no i quite like it without :yes:

fpmsl :d

losing weight... think we've all tbeen there....!

Well Im no dietitian but I did have to study diet and nutritian to become a golf teacher. so i'll help you as best I can.

Basically you not eating ENOUGH FATS! you cant just stop eating fats your body needs them. If you do so, because your body needs them it swaps the energy process, so instead of turning fats to energy which is what exercise does) it turns the glycogen (stored glucose) into fat!!! Leaving you rather knackered and putting on fat!!!

Think we all know that exercise is the best way forward, but I know theres just not enough hours in the day! and before you break yourself in two trying to manage work and exercise, and go down a path which you cant longterm continue with anyway; I might have an idea for you-

breakfast is the key. You need to try and eat loads of fat and calories! try and keep the saturated fats down tho as theyre unhealthy, so no real butter, whole milk,or vegetable oil etc. You can have a full english/bacon sarni if you like it!!! Also big portions of porridge (carbs)with honey/choc bits/fruit are also good!

during the day no proper meal. try and eat small amounts and often.These snack bars are good, they contain the correct natural sugars and necessary vitimans to keep you going. Try to keep the intervals between eating times constant, 3-4 hours. Drink lots of water to begin with, your system needs flushing out and it fills you up. try 3litres minimum per day.

Evenings stick to what your doing with chicken/meat and veg etc (very important no carbs), but do have a day a week where you reward yourself by having something naughty, but just keep the portion size down (dont going ruining the whole week eating curry,rice,naan,popadoms etc etc etc!!!). you need something good to keep you motivated!

so there ya go, I hope I managed to be a little help.

good luck, and Im sure the pounds will be flying off :t-up:

• 9 months later...

He's just got down to the target weight in time to put it all back on.

• Like 1

I am currently on the Novovirus diet. The weight is just coming off me at a fantastic rate from every orrafic. The downside is I have no energy, feel rotten have a temperature and I am a little grumpy apart from that it is highly recommended. :(

I am currently on the Novovirus diet. The weight is just coming off me at a fantastic rate from every orrafic. The downside is I have no energy, feel rotten have a temperature and I am a little grumpy apart from that it is highly recommended. :(

Mark me down for that too - currently using the iPad from the bathroom - I dare not leave the bathroom!

Good for weight loss - terrible for just about everything else. :arse:  :arse:

Now that's, scraping the Bottom of the barrel, rather a rear sited view, could be a split decision or a new fecal point. (focal) Really, no Chit...

Our body is the best 'machine".....so treat it better than your Westy.....would u fill your gazoline tank with a 50-60 ron fuel??..... ;)

Steve, I'd try short but fast workouts, you may be very surprised at the results. No more than 20mins 3 times a week and the weight will drop off, more importantly you'll notice that your shape will gradually change which is far more importanty than the scales. 6-7 mins each on x-trainer, bike, rower going balls out with reasonable resistance worked wonders for me. I was getting bored of gym, running etc and the time taken but just 20 mins a night alternate nights made a significant difference (there's some Japanese stuff somewhere backing up the theory of short sharp bursts of execise, only 3 mins a day in some studies was plenty!!)

Good luck pal, your doing well with the diet but it's amazing how good it makes you feel as you see your shape change and clothes start to feel baggy!!

Boxerman, well I'm half way there..... my body feels baggy.