Loosing Weight

SteveD

Good luck, Steve. Just stick with it, and you will win. :t-up: :t-up: :t-up:

are you havin a chuffin laugh 5 or 10 k race :laugh: yeh ok on my motorbike :yes:

i did start walking about 4 miles a night a few weeks ago but that was not getting my car built so knocked that on the head until its finished

You laugh but I used to hate physical exercise and if I didn't hate running so much would have run a mile at the mention of it. I was the chubby boy at School that always forgot his kit! About 16years ago I made a revelation that exercise was the answer to my yo-yo dieting (highest 21stone, lowest 10.5stone). So I started exercising. I grew to love running and have participated in 5K,10K and half marathons. I now love running so much that I did a 17 mile loop round my town just for fun when I got back my wife was worried I had been ran over as I told her I was only going for a 4 miler!

[self praise mode on]

My son, his Fiancée, her sister and my daughter, her boy friend have all come running with me at one time or other but gave up as they couldn't take the pace even though I slowed down! If I can make that kind of transformation anyone can. This is where suffering from OCD helps :laugh:

[self praise mode off]

I can equate to car projects distracting you. This happened to me when I started building my Westfield! Here's an example of fat weight not body weight counts. Back in 2005 when I started building the Westfield I was 14stone 2ilbs I am 5'9" but waist was 30" I had a body fat test done and was 6%. By the time I had finished the Westfield in 2009 I was 13stone, nice lost some weight but the only problem was my waist was a tight 34", had a body fat test done and was 25%!!!

For me, If I concern myself with my fitness performance and healthy eating and the weight sorts itself out.

I reckon you're going about it the wrong way wuv...

At the moment you're lightening your project car by removing excess structural components - why not do the same to your body?

Let's look at a few things:

> Toes - what good are they? Chop 'em off, must be a few pounds there

> Same with little fingers, useless unless you want to be posh lifting it to drink your tea

> Ribs - way too many. Take out half and respace the rest to cover the same area

> Replace skull, arm and leg bones with carbon fibre, bet you can get a couple of stone off doing that!

> Remove your bladder and lower intestine and replace them with exterior bags - big weight savings

> Shave off all your body hair, at least a pound there

> I'd suggest changing your manhood for a carbon fibre one, but that might be too far

> Finally, liposuction

Bet I could cut your body weight in half that way! :t-up::)

• Like 1

Adamnreeves, that story is pretty inspirational, that's the trick, finding something you love and getting out there and doing it.

I used to love playing squash but haven't played for a good few years after my squash playing mates moved away. I love mountain biking and could easily spend all day out there having a laugh in the woods with the lads and it's sad when the sun goes down and we all have to pack up and go to the pub, we have an annual lads holiday to the Alps, last year it was Canada to ride Whistler, I rode 700 miles in 10 days round the country visiting mates in a uni holiday, just out of boredom and the love of cycling. The exercise and calorie burning is just an added bonus. It's just what you love, I can ride 100 miles in a day easily but couldn't run a mile without getting a stitch and having to stop, cycling's also shrank my achilles and running is hellishly painful in the morning.

If you focus too much on the exercise and calorie counting it becomes a chore. If your base your exercise on a social group or whether you're into a solo head clearing, meditative thing, either way as long as you enjoy it, you'll stick with it.

• Like 1

Starting in October last year I'd not been very well.

I'd received some strong medication one of the side effects was weight gain.

This took me up from 100 to 105KG.

Christmas time I was starting to feel better so made a new years resolution.

Smaller portions / cutting out fried food / cutting down potatoes and bread / more vegetables / Vastly reduced Alcohol / more exercise etc.

I'm now down to 90KG and feeling a lot better for it ( also down 2 trouser sizes )

Its been hard very hard at times but stick with it.

Just keep thinking about the power to weight ratio.

Steve

15Kg weight loss. Wow, well done. that's gotta be worth a few seconds on the track!

Stick with it Steve, give the modified diet and the water a try for a while, bin the scales and I'm sure you will be a racing snake by summer. If you can do it so can I. :d

Bob

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Hey Lardy A*** - turn the workshop heater up and sweat it out ........................................or have a Poo 'cause your full of **** judging by the smell of your farts!!!

Wuv You :d

Fraser takes over as the "honorary diplomat"

Bob :d :d :d

bran :yes:

Just a thought ...

you don't give a toss about what ANYONE thinks normaly ......so why are you so bothered about what a mechanical spring laden bit of kit has to say ? ( or electronic)

just think yourself thin and you'll get there eventually :yes:

well i have taken in sort of what everyone said and the advice they gave .and today adam i did a 10k run ,no seriously i have really tried and my weight is coming back down quite quickly ,so cheers guy n girls

Glad to hear it's working Steve, but you do know that the "k" normally stands for Kilometers, don't you? ;):d

Sorry, I'll get my coat. :down:

sorry miss typed that should of been 10 ft :yes: