Loosing Weight

SteveD

It's all been said Steve, if your body is used to your workload then it will just store what you've got on your low cal diet, theres no new stresses on it so it will just do its best to tick over, buy from amazon for about £2 a book called The Abs Diet, its a bit yank but explains a lot about what food does and what the body does with it, it also explains how the body responds to exercise. I agree you need to eat at least 6 good, small balanced low fat low processed meals a day, you've done VERY well sticking to that diet with your long days I eat more than that by 10am and weigh 10st, we're all very different so no one rule sheet is right. Get your thyroid and diabetes checked first and if all ok the only real way to make a difference is make time for sweat in whatever form it takes! You WILL need rest and recovery so you might have to limit yourself to reducing 3 of your days down to eight hour days during a 7 day week so that you can do some sweating and then get a good kip, big life change for you I imagine (and deffo easier said than done) but you can't fit exercise into your days on that diet you'll collapse!

I've lived at the opposite end of the spectrum for 40 years I've been trying through food and exercise to put good weight on for 25 of them and it's hard when your born skinny! I have however learned a lot. As I say we're all to a large or small degree given a certain shape but we can all do great things with what we have! You've obviously got will power like hard work and above all are determined with a bit of direction you will have no trouble shedding it I'm sure. If you lived a bit nearer I'd introduce you to the guy I train with he runs a boot camp and martial arts fitness centre my mrs has lost 2 stone with him over the last 18months and not a diet or milkshake involved, regular sweat and lots of healthy grub. Keep at it if you want any help just ask...

Smigga

cheers for the words of support and advice everyone ,i have taken on board what has been said ,well most of it i an going to try and alter things around a bit ,this morning i had for breakfast rolled oats with water on (sick emotion insert please) and some mixed fruits chucked in followed by large glass of water

for a starting point again i weighed myself this morning and seemed to have accumalted another 2lb from somewhere :suspect:

Hav you checked your scales wuv? I think they're f***ing with your head!

It's admirable that you're trying to do something about losing weight, and I know you're a perfectionist in a hurry as usual, but just a few things that might seem at odds with the rest of this thread:

> You put your weight on over the years, so don't expect to get it ll all off in weeks. Take it slow and steady and you'll be more likely o keep it off

> You're not a kid any more. None of us are. You won't make it back to what shape you were at 21. Sad, but true. Don't let it upset you.

> Most of all, llife isn't about what shape you are, it's about being happy to be yourself. You can lose 20 lbs and look the same to everyone else. No one walks up to you, picks you up off the ground and says "Oooo, you've lost a few pounds!".

So yeah wuv, be healthy, but don't sacrifice being happy in the process. I know some people in the 70s who are as thin as they were in their 20s and as healthy as someone in their 50s, but as miserable as someone at 110 because they forgot how to have fun while staying that shape.

Bin the scales for 6 months they will only offer confusion and most are unreliable anyway, you will know when things are goin the right way, fast walks are a great start to exercise...

Smigga

Hav you checked your scales wuv? I think they're f***ing with your head!

It's admirable that you're trying to do something about losing weight, and I know you're a perfectionist in a hurry as usual, but just a few things that might seem at odds with the rest of this thread:

> You put your weight on over the years, so don't expect to get it ll all off in weeks. Take it slow and steady and you'll be more likely o keep it off

> You're not a kid any more. None of us are. You won't make it back to what shape you were at 21. Sad, but true. Don't let it upset you.

> Most of all, llife isn't about what shape you are, it's about being happy to be yourself. You can lose 20 lbs and look the same to everyone else. No one walks up to you, picks you up off the ground and says "Oooo, you've lost a few pounds!".

So yeah wuv, be healthy, but don't sacrifice being happy in the process. I know some people in the 70s who are as thin as they were in their 20s and as healthy as someone in their 50s, but as miserable as someone at 110 because they forgot how to have fun while staying that shape.

right you are :yes:

Mcdonalds for dinner then :oops:

Mcdonalds for dinner then :oops:......

Not a god idea,unless the scale as said aboves is f****d.. :) and consider it as a cheat day,BUT....on a cheat day,

doesnt mean that the whole day is all and everything you can eat..... :)

Now i would follow 60% carbs,25%protein and 15% fat just for a total lifestyle change,and keep u lean for life

if you can stick to it,You got to have your mind set to prepare meals the day before so u can carry it in the RIGHT SERVING SIZE

container,and have them every2 1/2 to 3 hours or if appetite comes first,Deffo need a weight and a cardio session there...

MON-WED-FRI weights,and TUE-THU your cardio lets say or around your day schedule i quess....

personal trainer here,so if anything i can do,give me a shout.Now have you been lifting weights at all this time?

Set yourself a goal like entering an event like a 5 or 10k race. Raise some money for a charity if you fancy it, i'm sure you'd raise a few £'s from fellow WSCC members along with friends and family, but don't forget that you are doing it for your own well being. This would appear to be a local event :yes:

By entering an event, this will ensure you have something to aim for and you can set yourself a training regime on the lead up to the event, weight loss will be a by-product.

Steve, I don't know if you know but your weight fluctuates throughout the day as much as 3lbs. If you going to weigh do so in the morning before you've had breakfast.

Set yourself a goal like entering an event like a 5 or 10k race. Raise some money for a charity if you fancy it, i'm sure you'd raise a few £'s from fellow WSCC members along with friends and family, but don't forget that you are doing it for your own well being. This would appear to be a local event :yes:

By entering an event, this will ensure you have something to aim for and you can set yourself a training regime on the lead up to the event, weight loss will be a by-product.

are you havin a chuffin laugh 5 or 10 k race :laugh: yeh ok on my motorbike :yes:

i did start walking about 4 miles a night a few weeks ago but that was not getting my car built so knocked that on the head until its finished

Steve, I don't know if you know but your weight fluctuates throughout the day as much as 3lbs. If you going to weigh do so in the morning before you've had breakfast.

tbh adam i am giving up with the scales as has been said it can get obsesive and just weighing myself once every two weeks now i think

Although we are all really trying to help with our suggestions :t-up: , I would seriously speak to Kurt or someone else who is a professional ;) . We are all basing our comments on our own experiences - some good and some not so good (cabbage soup diet sucks!).

You are now being bombarded by us giving our helpful tips and hints and are probably confusing things all the more - yet you have the offer of professional help - so I reckon that would be a good place to go. :t-up: :t-up:

And if Kurt offers you hypnosis put my name down - i want the "hypnotised to believe you have a gastric band" thing!!! :d :d

And if Kurt offers you hypnosis put my name down - i want the "hypnotised to believe you have a gastric band" thing!!! :d :d

im game if you are :yes:

Amputation is the best form of weight loss wuv

• Like 1

i did start walking about 4 miles a night a few weeks ago but that was not getting my car built so knocked that on the head until its finished

Running is faster than walking, so you should (in theory) you'll have more time to build cars :p, it's a win, win

tbh adam i am giving up with the scales as has been said it can get obsesive and just weighing myself once every two weeks now i think

Yes that is best if you can do this.