Loosing Weight

SteveD

Completely agree. Its easier for the body to break down simple sugars in the food you eat to provide energy over converting stored fat into energy.

A lot of foods now have a GI (Glycemic Index 0 to 100) on the packet, Low GI, Med GI or High GI. This is effectively an indication of the level of simple carbohydrates (sugars) in the food.

Now aren't you glad you made the post :d

chuff adam im more confused now than ever , right today breakfast 4am i have had two small sachets of rolled oats with small amount of skimmed milk , i have with me three apples and a nana ,this is what i will have until 7pm when i have c2 chicken breast's for tea ,and today i will drink plenty of water , hows that sound

What about the quantity though in each meal and and how often during the day?

• Like 1

Steve, I share your pain. I have tried every diet going over the years and still my weight went up and up. Finally I was taken ill and found that my thyroid was not working correctly hence my attempts to loos weight were doomed to failure. I would book in and have a simple blood test just to make sure that everything is okay. The rest of the advice is good so far.

I did a no-drinking, less food thing some years ago. I also walked round Agden Reservoir every morning (about 3 miles). It was at this time I was diagnosed diabetic and was being weighed at the doctors every week. I had only lost about half a stone and commented loudly about this. At this precise moment the doctor walked in and said that half a stone was brilliant as I had recently stopped smoking and most people put on 2 stone. So, in effect I had lost 2.5 stone.

Keep it up Steve, when you do what you're doing your weight goes up as the fat turns to muscle. I doubt if you need any extra exercise, working 14 hours a day in a body shop is probably enough.

So, well done and keep it up.

ps, you could try what I did yesterday and cut a lump of your body off.

og god norm which lump ,hope it wasn't mr twinky :(

You need to vary your food intake, seems like you are limiting the range of foods you are consuming. Add more protein foods and lots of fruit & veg. or you will end up very tired as I assume you are have a very active job in the workshop. As above more water as well.

Sort of, Steve, my left thumb, about the same size according to HM :)

'Doing' diets is a way of setting yourself up to fail, diets are never sustainable and lead to the quick loss, quick gain cycle of yoyo'ing.

We all know how to lose weight and keep it off, it's not rocket surgery but we all ignore the obvious and look for a quick fix in a Slimfast can ... It's a change in lifestyle needed. Find a sport you like doing, hill walking, running, cycling, anything that gets you out and about you enjoy and do lots of it - don't go to the gym and excercise for the sake of exercise, you'll be fed up of it in no time. I can spend 14 hours on the bike and ride over 100 miles in a day, 20 minutes on a gym biks and I'm bored senseless.

Wife-face lost 3 stone in 3 years and kept it off by walking in the evening after our dinner, smaller portion sizes, simply eating less and moving about more. You know how it works Steve, forget the fads, calorie counting, quick fixes and diets, deep down you know what you've got to do, just get our head down and get on with it and good luck!

I sympathise Steve, but as the others have said you're not eating enough and should always eat most of your daily intake in your breakfast and lunch meals.

Definitely drink as much water as you can as well ( carry bottle around and it'll become a habit)

Ref the biking to work, how about take the van to work on the Monday with the bike in the back then cycle to / from work During the week and bring the van home on the Fri?

Ian

Steve. I believe I see your problem now. You eat breakfast at 04:00am then you only eat a few pieces of fruit (simple sugar in form of fructose) throughout the day until 07:00pm. So your body goes into starvation mode. You should eat every 3-4hours! So for example:

04:00am Breakfast (500 calories ish)

Consume a glass of water whilst you prepare the oats

Oats (Get loose rolled oats 50grams + 150grams of milk + 150 grams of water I used a saucepan, takes 5 minutes)

Add some dried fruit when its nearly done and/or some honey

Cuppa Tea/Coffee and/or Orange Juice

This meal contains the most simple sugars. To kick start your metabolism. Aim to consume 25% of your daily calories in this meal. What's the old saying eat breakfast like a king and super like a pauper.

Drink water through out the day. Avoid soft drinks even the diet ones, all full of chemicals anyway. Any hot drinks be weary of sugar and milk.

08:00am Snack 1 (400 calories ish)

A toasted bagel with a whole tin of Tuna. If you have to have mayonaise use the smallest amount possible. Add some vegatables like onion, sweetcorn, peppers etc.

Yep some more water, always drink water with anything you eat.

12:00/13:00 Lunch (400 calories ish)

Grilled Chicken Salad. Iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, pine nuts. Good helping of chicken but even more salad with lots of different leafs.

Yogurt for dessert or a piece of fruit.

Water

16:00 Snack 2 (200-300 calories ish)

Banana or something else with sugars

If you were doing a work out then do this 30minutes beforehand.

Water

19:00 Tea (400 calories)

If you've done a workout try and eat your evening meal as close as possible to the workout,

Scottish salmon with a small serving of new potatoes or pasta. Peas, sliced beans, carots.

Always put twice as much veg as meat but that does not include potatoes!

Yogurt

That's a total of 2000 calories. Average calorific requirement for a male is 2,500 but this obviously depends on your lifestyle, work etc. This reduction would equate to 1 lb/week weight loss but I reckon you expend more than 2,500 calories based on the job you do and how many hours you are awake.

If you are thinking of going to see a dietician or speaking to Kurt then it is a good idea to keep a small book and record what and when you eat and drink for a week beforehand. Its a pain but will pay real dividends in the session you would have as the dietician can analyse it and make recommendations. Good luck.

On the exercise front, as Norman says you are doing exercise as part of your job, however, improving tone and fitness only really comes with performing work outs at a higher level.

Individuals vary of course. My prime worry would be doing too much and over training with your life style especially with little sleep when you really need 8 hours.

Steve - I believe that I have known your problem for a number of years now - but I could not possibly share it on such a public forum :p

what is this forum turning into :oops::laugh::p

My new routine is 3 weetabix for brekky 7.30 ish

drinks all day

dinner 7.00 ish

no pastry , pies etc , no crisps thats it really

I have lost 2.5 stone in about a year , to start losing more I will need a proper excersise schedule , but I am on my feet most of the day at work .

the wife and daughter have thryroid issues , that can make a difference .

Steve

Quite frankly thats not a good diet, to try and go all day on practically nothing is no sense. You need to talk to Rachel.