Loosing Weight

SteveD

well i have been on a diet since xmas well new years day as some know , i started on the slimfast and put on 2lb in two weeks (what the devil) so i did the cabbage soup diet for four days which made me want to blow chunks while eating it ,so i thought i would just stick to eating the right stuff instead ,i have lost over 1 and a half stone upto last week i weighed myself today and i have put on 7lb again what the devil ,i have cut out everything since xmas ,i have not had a beer ,bread or anything ,i have only eaten chicken breast's cooked in a george forman grill for tea ,rolled oats for breakfast and a couple of apples anda banana during the daytime ,seriously this is all i have eaten ,i have stuck to this and not found it a problem tbh but i cannot understand how i can put on weight ,when i have not eaten anything that is bad for me ,really loosing the will to carry on with this now as i cannot understand what the devil is going on ,might aswell eat chips 3 times a week and drink gallons of beer like i was before xmas

i may just try and seak advice from a dietitian because this is beyond a joke

Steve, try and watch the BBC2 Horizon programme about exercise on the BBC iplayer. Was on the 28th of Feb, it was very interesting regarding the amount of exercise you need to take. I am not saying you need to exercise, just that it affects people differently. Stops digging.....

I've lost a stone and a half since Christmas, no biscuits or bread ,no pasta , no beer.

Counting calories, less than 2000 a day, little bit more exercise ( walk the dog, don't do gyms ).

Lots of chicken and rice, fish, fruit, veg.

Saturday night can have a Chinese or Indian and half a bottle of wine( never had half in my life, if you open it you finish it!)

Really missing chocolate,beer and bread, but the upside is my suits ,kilts and shirts all fit again! Waist was gradually creeping up to 36", now back to a 32.

Keep the faith Steve and only weigh yourself once a week(sat morn), don't obsess, youll get there.

i know its easy to say but i really struggle to find the time and motivation to exercise ,i really dont dstop during the day from 5 am to 7 pm then start working on my car when i get home so im pretty active in that respect ,im not really a athletic type i would rather pay with cars :oops:

I've lost a stone and a half since Christmas, no biscuits or bread ,no pasta , no beer.

Counting calories, less than 2000 a day, little bit more exercise ( walk the dog, don't do gyms ).

Lots of chicken and rice, fish, fruit, veg.

Saturday night can have a Chinese or Indian and half a bottle of wine( never had half in my life, if you open it you finish it!)

Really missing chocolate,beer and bread, but the upside is my suits ,kilts and shirts all fit again! Waist was gradually creeping up to 36", now back to a 32.

Keep the faith Steve and only weigh yourself once a week(sat morn), don't obsess, youll get there.

bl**** hell that souns like quite a lot compared to what i have been eating ,bet i have only had 1000 cals a day .i have not had a takeaway or owt ,seriously i have eaten nothing at all since new year except what i have said ,chicken ,rolled oats,fruit and cups of tea with no sugar

Guest Enginearin

well i have been on a diet since xmas well new years day as some know , i started on the slimfast and put on 2lb in two weeks (what the devil) so i did the cabbage soup diet for four days which made me want to blow chunks while eating it ,so i thought i would just stick to eating the right stuff instead ,i have lost over 1 and a half stone upto last week i weighed myself today and i have put on 7lb again what the devil ,i have cut out everything since xmas ,i have not had a beer ,bread or anything ,i have only eaten chicken breast's cooked in a george forman grill for tea ,rolled oats for breakfast and a couple of apples anda banana during the daytime ,seriously this is all i have eaten ,i have stuck to this and not found it a problem tbh but i cannot understand how i can put on weight ,when i have not eaten anything that is bad for me ,really loosing the will to carry on with this now as i cannot understand what the devil is going on ,might aswell eat chips 3 times a week and drink gallons of beer like i was before xmas

i may just try and seak advice from a dietitian because this is beyond a joke

Got to make sure you weigh yourself at the same time of day too... fluid weighs a lot and i can change in weight by 5-7lb between morning and night.

A good p*** in the morning can lose 1.1lb per pint :d

bev just asked me if i want a takeaway from the chinease ,but i said no il stick with it ,that side of it has not bothered me i have found it east to say no ,even at work andy has had cakes pasties etc but even there i have not been tempted

i just cant get my head around how much i am not eating yet not loosing it just banging it back on

she has just asked me now if i want a kebab ,seriously is she pi$$ed or summat

bl**** hell that souns like quite a lot compared to what i have been eating ,bet i have only had 1000 cals a day .i have not had a takeaway or owt ,seriously i have eaten nothing at all since new year except what i have said ,chicken ,rolled oats,fruit and cups of tea with no sugar

You should get a medal!

I would pass out on 1000 calories!

Have the kebab,you've earned it.

Exercise is the key, not stupid diets. Even if all you can do, as a non-responder, is burn calories it's far better than eating bigger all. I'm guessing you must be self employed to be on the go with work 14 hours a day?

Ok wuv, stick with it, but make sure you use skimmed milk only, best tip is have the slim fast lunch and dinner, 1000 calorie breakfast that you burn off. If you have a blender, mix the slim fast with eight ice cubes, makes it much thicker and more filling without any extra calories, stick with it, I lost two stone

You have probably lost fat and gained a bit of muscle tone. Muscle is heavier than fat

You said it "Go see a dietician" they will explain the process that you are going through.

And keep hold of the will power.

I have lost a stone over the last four weeks for different reasons, but intend to keep it off so exercise is key.

Keep at it :yes:

Steve. Don't bother with slimfast or any fad diets, they don't work, any weight loss is usually temporary as you have seen. Also not eating enough calories the body goes into starvation mode which means it breaks down lean tissue such as muscle to fuel itself and becomes more energy efficient. Muscle is active tissue, in that it consumes energy so loss of muscle means your body requires less energy, you can see where this is going. You really are much better getting eating a well balanced diet. They key to weight loss is exercise. Why? because not only do you burn calories during exercise but it raises your metabolism which means your body needs more energy even when you are not exercising. Stick to cardio work outs. I recommend spinning, I burn of between 700-1000 calories in one hour.

I have a feeling you are starving yourself. Your body is hanging onto every calorie available - especially if you are working so much. I do get the above comments about excercise, but sometimes its hard to fit anything else into the day - especially if you are on your feet constantly.

Try a bit of something carby - wholemeal pasta with lunch, or a potato, or a bread roll. Salad and veg will bulk out meals without adding too many cals.

And just stick at it - WELL DONE for trying at all!!!