Turning A Perfectly Good Zetec Into A Firebreathing S2000 Build Thread

Speed Freak

So, will it be steins all round for all those who helped.

just fitted the throttle cable today, and tied back all wires to make sure nothing gets melted when driving-

checked for any leaks, and all seems good. only thing is battery was dead... normally I wouldnt think anything of it, as the car hasnt been run properly for a long time. only it was dead about 2 weeks ago, whilst fitting the switches, and so was charged then... maybe Ive got an issue there somewhere (if so, then can only really be the new switches).

Ive charged it again now, and will see after driving it whether or not it goes dead again.

tyre pressures will be checked tomorrow, prior to my first drive!!!!

got my insurance covered, now have to get a 5 day number plate, and provided all well, then off to the dreaded tüv!

still got to fit my "go faster" stripes, and also my new carbon kick strips... but all in time.

I'll let you guys know how the drive goes tomorrow!

if the noise comes back again when the engines warm, I'll defo know the issue..- tct (yes steve you did say that weeks ago!), so might then take it out, and do what Ive been recommended from an ami mechanic, to use a dremel on the worm piece and roughen it up a bit, so that it grabs better.

interesting times lads!

• 9 months later...

Tim, you pm inbox is full.

I have a pm to send you.

ok so ive just tried to pm you norm, and it didt go... maybe its something to do with the server? I didnt have all that many pms in my inbox tbh anyway....

already got it ;-) Im not sure however if the red wil match though-probably not, as the tends to fade/alter in the sun slightly.

You might need to cut the rest of the bodywork back with a proper cutting compound, that'll probably get you the best chance of a match, if there's a bit of light to medium fading.

I was going to ask...- what tcut variant to people use for westys? Ive got lots of little scatches Id like to buff out. Could be good timing-

I was going to ask...- what tcut variant to people use for westys? Ive got lots of little scatches Id like to buff out. Could be good timing-

Farcela G3 is the best as far as I'm aware. CErtainly works on gelcoat.

Nice install by the way. I'd love an S2000 lump in mine.

Ben