Venom All-In-One Headlamps - Anyone Tried?

daveac

http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/product/All_In_One_Headlamp_Black_With_Chrome_Ring_LHD_ALLIN12L

Anyone seen these in the flesh? Are they any good? Quite like the idea of adding DRLs (although probably wouldn't bother with setting up the indicators) and the chrome option would be a direct swap for my factory fit chrome lamps which are a bit lame in the focus/output stakes. Thoughts appreciated

Cheers

Dave

It's a good idea, but.if the dimensions are correct on that webpage then they are massive! 5.5" diameter is ok for straight replacement of standard, but 9.5" long??? Given the amount forward of the mounting bolt, clashing with cycle wings could be an issue. If they did a 4" version I'd be interested....

If CBS are at Race Retro next week I'll have a wander over and have a look at them.

I saw them on another style kit car at Llandow Track day last year, they are big and I think they will look massive on a Westy

Funny you should mention these, I looked very briefly at them before doing the DRL style conversion to my 5 1/2" standard lights. I hadn't realised they were that big! I just didn't like the long tapering side profile.

I wonder how big the innards are?

The innards are big as they house a projector lamp unit - I saw them last year at the autosport show, they are big.....and fugly in my opinion!

Westford

• 2 years later...

Sorry to dredge up this old thread but has anyone tried these lights? If so do you think it would be possible to paint the front rings black to match the body?

Also are they any good?

Yes you could, though one of the colour options is for a sort of mat/satin black front ring.

Pictures and some colour options are quite deceiving. I've got the chrome front/carbon effect rear on my new build, and whilst they're long, they're also quite slim, so the proportions work really well on my car. (I think :p ), so I've changed my mind since the post earlier in the thread. Not to every ones taste, I know.

Here you go, from a few angles:

IMG_0590.jpg

IMAGE_37.jpg

IMAGE_38.jpg

• Like 1

They actually look ok. Anyone know if the beam pattern is any good?

They look good in the flesh - saw some at Castle Combe. Neat all in one units.

Has anyone else seen them with black front rings? I'm really not keen on the chrome from part.

Also how do they compare light output wise with the 5 1/2" lights?

Here's some pic's of them on mine 

as far as the beam pattern goes they are just the half moon with no kick up but will pass IVA 

IMG_74331024x683_zps121758e6.jpg

IMG_7053_zps4265196d.jpg

IMG_67831024x683_zps4b784367.jpg

Ok, they look better in all black, can I ask where you sourced them Llyodox? or did you paint them?

You can get plain black too. Along with all "chrome", carbon effect and various combinations of the finishes.