A Newbies View Of The Wscc!

Lordbenny

seems you cant say owt these days without offending or upsetting someone, half wouldnt last 5 minutes in the real world and would probably go home to mummy crying if someone at work said summat to you taking the p*** or winding you up ,im f***** sick of mongs making out im the bad guy when really im just saying what i think and what others are thinking , and if me having the diplomat above my avtar offends then :laugh::arse:

I am not a member but am very grateful for all the time that people have and are spending in the technical section helping me and my car out of all of it recent and current dilemas....

I think I will soon cough up for membership (spent too much on car this month allready) but if there is anything holding me back it is what seems to be the locality of the members, theres not in my area with events etc.

I understand about limiting the use of the site until a paid member as the information here is valuable and can save alot of money which i believe has already been commented on. P.S i would never have changed my rotor arm unless suggested which cured a massive running fault.

just one query the parts/cars for sale page is no longer viewable from my browser but is viewable on my phone?

just one query the parts/cars for sale page is no longer viewable from my browser but is viewable on my phone?

You can show/hide areas of the boardroom by hovering over the title bar to each of the 3 sections of the forum on the home page and clicking the + or - on the title bar to that section.

If you cant see the members adverts section then scroll down to to just below XI Plus and the Members Adverts bar should be greyed out. Hovver over it, it will cange colour and then a plus appears over the right hand side that you can click on to show the sub-forums.

couple of phrases in life appropriate to this thread.

if you have got nothing nice to say than say nothing...

and you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.

:)

Very well put Jeff ??? ??? Totally agree

seems you cant say owt these days without offending or upsetting someone, half wouldnt last 5 minutes in the real world and would probably go home to mummy crying if someone at work said summat to you taking the p*** or winding you up ,im f***** sick of mongs making out im the bad guy when really im just saying what i think and what others are thinking , and if me having the diplomat above my avtar offends then :laugh::arse:

I agree with you - after all I received a disciplinary for jokingly saying France wasn't a real country in the canteen at my current place of work. You work for yourself Steve, you should feel luckythat you aren't a target of someone trying to stick their entire head up the director's ar5e.

Unfortunately, diplomacy IS the real world these days and we must accept it. We can no longer just say what we think (see Ron Atkinson on wikipedia....of which I hope you'll contribute to, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Atkinson#Racism_controversy ) I don't think it's asking for much - if I can manage it, anyone can :)

err yeh but any retard knows france is a real coutry its just over the chunnel :yes: and if you are giving ron attkinson as a example of diplomacy then thats a bad example ,ron made a racist remark which was broadcast ,there is a bit of a difference with a racist remark and me saying cough up your membership freeloaders and stop moaning

Steve is my biggest profit generator for my exclusive snack food business!

Steve and I are heading out to Damascus to broker a peace agreement with Bashar Assad.

Bob :angry:

Surely rules are rules. We have correctly decided to offer more access to members rather than guests and I totally agree with this. Its a bit like a golf club where members can play but and enter competitions but non members cant. I cant go to my wifes gym cos I am not a member. I cant go sprinting if I am not a member of WSCC and also hold a competeion licence from MSA. All these cost money and are not FREE! :t-up:

I think the nub of this is that some boardroom contributors, both member and non-member, wonder if the policy of not allowing searches, PMs, and posting to the For Sale section is detrimental towards encouraging new membership.

The only change over the previous boardroom that thrived and functioned successfully for ten years is that non-member searches are not allowed, which can easily be bypassed by using Google.

Therefore, I believe this argument is very much a storm in a teacup, almost completely irrelevant and should be brought to a close.

Just to throw in my 1 penneth (I cannot afford 2 penneth as I have recently paid my membership!).

I have been a member of the Westfield fraternity for more years than I care to remember (including pre-Internet days) and feel the membership charges are spot-on. As someone has alluded to in this thread (and this was pointed out to me some time ago), it is about more than the Boardroom. Perhaps folk should look at the bigger picture.

I no longer own a Westfield and probably never will but my point is I have had an infinite amount of help from the Boardroom and like to think I have returned the same. I will continue to be a member until I reach “Gods waiting room”.

Renewal of membership is (from memory) £27.50 to which I paid a proportion twice when the Boardroom changed but that is totally my fault, being a complete IT numpty. Having said that, I do not want the extra payment back as I feel it is supporting the club and all facilities offered.

I also note flak aimed at SteveD. Now then, I have met the guy a couple of times and in fact purchased a MIG welder from him some time ago which, in all honesty was a lot of welder for the money. SteveD offers chassis repairs for Westfield owners who shall we say, missed the apex and on a personal note, lent me his Website photo thingy in that I can post images on the Boardroom although I still have not got the hang of it yet (refer back to IT numpty).

Yes, SteveD is blunt, honest and does not call a spade a garden implement, which I like, none of this Mamby Pamby stuff. SteveD is one of the good guys, make no mistake.

Anyway, must go to shut the electric off now so I can save £0.53p per week for next years membership.

Just my jottings.

Don't forget that if you disagree with the club and commitees policies, want to be in a position where you can make change and would like to receive full free membership with all posting and searching rights on this forum there is presently a vacancy for a Membership Secretary.

Apply here for position of WSCC Membership Secretary

Think JeffC got things right...

if you have got nothing nice to say than say nothing...

and you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar

I would personally prefer to have my own opinion rather than be force fed what you or you feel others are thinking

• Like 3