Recommendation For Holiday In March.

JeffC

How about 1st March fly to Vegas for 4 nights, then fly to San Francisco for 3 nights, then pick up a car and drive down to Monterey for 4 nights, the drive to Three Rivers for the Sequoia National park (think big trees) for 3 nights, then drive to Pismo Beach for 3 nights, the drive to Santa Monica for 3 nights, then drive to San Diego for 4 nights, then fly to Vegas hop on a Jumbo and fly back home.

How does that sound?

Go down that route and I'll tell you everything you need to know about San Diego - lived there 14 years.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Blatman

• Paul Hurdsfield - Joint Manchester AO

• Captain Colonial

How about 1st March fly to Vegas for 4 nights, then fly to San Francisco for 3 nights, then pick up a car and drive down to Monterey for 4 nights, the drive to Three Rivers for the Sequoia National park (think big trees) for 3 nights, then drive to Pismo Beach for 3 nights, the drive to Santa Monica for 3 nights, then drive to San Diego for 4 nights, then fly to Vegas hop on a Jumbo and fly back home.

How does that sound?

3 kids and a lot of travelling ? that would be my idea of hell :laugh:

sharm el sheikh is where we planned to go, but £4k is above what i wanted to spend.

looked at uncle festers spot, that looks great, my only concern is we went to Cyprus 16 years ago and i recall the locals were very anti-tourist where we we stayed think it was just outside ayia nappa ???

think the canaries is looking favourite at the mo, weather looks ok in March/ April

Lanzarote is :) :) As Blatman said H10 hotels are really good, Playa Blanca is really good.

Cyprus is fab and can be cheap to get there I went two weeks in an apartment for 4 from Newcastle for 2 weeks in September last year cost me £350.00, but its expensive when you get there.

Costa Adeje is boring, F all to do!

Playas is actually very good, just pick a hotel on the perimeter, which will be quiet, then you can walk into the night-life if that's what you want,although March should be quiet anyway but stuff for the kids during the day

My choice - Cyprus every time

Jeff me better halfs a travel agent. i'll pm her work number if you want her to have a look about for you. this is what shes just recomended Canaries definetly best that time of year. prices self catering from £1300, h/b £1600 and all inclusive £2300 subject to avaiability. majorca will be very quiet. Weather not on par with canaries

Go down that route and I'll tell you everything you need to know about San Diego - lived there 14 years.

Just booked it Cap'n, just the two of us, the Wifes youngest bro is on a 12 month contract in San Diego, so if we dont do it now we'll never do it :cool:

if u r interested in mexico, i will give you one of my timeshare http://www.mayanpalace.com/ (one week)

a 5 stars resort - specializing in adult & kiddie pool, a mile of pool & golf(Nuevo vallarta - Riviera Maya (cancuun) - Lajolla de cortes - Matzalan- Puerto vallarta) anyone of these resort.

A mile of beaches - you pay me nothing except the maintenance fee. 599.00 USD = 384.640 GBP

I can't use it, we bought a vacation property at Costa rica - i have one too at jamaica if you want caribbean.

if u r interested in mexico, i will give you one of my timeshare http://www.mayanpalace.com/ (one week)

a 5 stars resort - specializing in adult & kiddie pool, a mile of pool & golf(Nuevo vallarta - Riviera Maya (cancuun) - Lajolla de cortes - Matzalan- Puerto vallarta) anyone of these resort.

A mile of beaches - you pay me nothing except the maintenance fee. 599.00 USD = 384.640 GBP

I can't use it, we bought a vacation property at Costa rica - i have one too at jamaica if you want caribbean.

we have a caravan on anglesey

• Like 1

If you fancy Egypt have a look at Luxor hotels have good pools and some good sightseeing. Personally I am off to the keys in Florida.

Just booked it Cap'n, just the two of us, the Wifes youngest bro is on a 12 month contract in San Diego, so if we dont do it now we'll never do it :cool:

Make sure you check out laguna on that trip.... If skip barber has a racing school on there the dates you are out pm me.....

Down monterey is lovely, 17 mile drive is a must too.... Lunch at pebble beach resort... Has to be done :-)

If you fancy Egypt have a look at Luxor hotels have good pools and some good sightseeing. Personally I am off to the keys in Florida.

awesome....I have a house near key largo.

stop by miami international speedway -- just a few miles away. there is a race almost everyday --- try the shifter kart too...cheap to rent.

stop by coconut grove & south beach. try cuban food.

http://www.homesteadmiamispeedway.com/Track-Info/Track-Calendar.aspx

Edited by s2k7

Make sure you check out laguna on that trip.... If skip barber has a racing school on there the dates you are out pm me.....

Down monterey is lovely, 17 mile drive is a must too.... Lunch at pebble beach resort... Has to be done :-)

Laguna's on the list of things to do, also looking at Las Vegas motor speedway, theres a Nascar race the week after we leave :bangshead:

many thanks for the offer that is very generous :yes: :yes: :yes: but bit far to travel for us on a 7 day break , will prob settle on Lanzarote. :t-up:

Have the children's schools approved you taking them on holiday in term time?

although we have never taken the kids out of term time ( Dan is coming up 16, but swmbo would never do it) the kids school actually allows 10 days, and tbh going a week later saved over £1000 to Egypt, and a few hundred quid to Lanzarote. :t-up: