Companies Not Replying To Email

XTR2Turbo

Just as an aside, and I ask this as a genuine question, no sarcy-ness implied or intended, (I'm probably just the wrong generation), I'm curious to know what's now considered "right".

To me, if I'm for what ever reason having a conversation with someone and they stopped to take a phone call, then unless it was obviously an emergency, I'd consider them rude. (fair enough checking the phone display etc, or even apologising, answering and saying they'll call back). Certainly that how I try and behave. (talking more about the work environment here).

Because of this, if I'm phoning someone, and I have to leave a message, or just get the call dropped, etc. I usually assume the other persons with someone, fair enough, they'll call back, or I'll try later etc.

Am I now doing it wrong, should I just be blanking whoever I'm dealing with, and attending to the new call, I see it all the time, so I do start to wonder if this is just the new accepted norm?

Dont see anything wrong there !

I have to agree with Norman; the only way to behave is to treat customers and prospective customers with respect until, and unless, they show they don't deserve it. Faxes, telexes (remember them), and (now) emails, are all more or less 'real-time' communications like 'phone call - requiring as close as possible to replies by return. Spam is a major problem but it doesn't take too long to flick through and toss those not needing attention. One major reason why I will choose one supplier over another is how accessible they are to person-to-person contact. China may be cheap but it's a heck of a long way from accessible!

:sheep:

I suppose it's all down to how you do it. If you apoligise and keep the conversation brief and then say thank you it's usually accepted.

No answer from Omega yet.