How To Take This Mirror Off ?

Ciprian

As the mirror glass on it started to de-mirror, how can i get it replaced ? Had a look on the sides to see if I can take it off easily and replaced the glass but it doesnt look like theres anything like that. Also had a go with a stanley blade and gently cut the glue but nae much luck either, its gonna take me forever like this.

15012012191.jpg

Any quick solutions ?

For the amount of hastle and what it will cost you to replace the glass I'd be buying a new mirror when they're so cheep.

http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/category/Mirrors/Centre_Mirrors,b.html

If it's anything like wing mirrors there is usually adhesive or double sided tape on the back of the glass which normally results in my braking the glass when replacing it.

i would prefer to replace this one completely, but cant take it off. not sure what it was use to stick it on but its quite difficult to cut.

Leave the old one in place and find a glass that fits and stick it over the old one.

Interesting solution, tho i think it will look slightly gay as the border its not very big around it...i.ll keep that as my final option.

I believe you can remove them using a strong cord or thin piece of wire to "saw" ,using two hands holding the ends ,through the backing that holds the mirror to the screen .

i see. something like fishing wire maybe ? i'll try that! thanks

Usually just a sticky pad, but they can be a bit grippy! The proper mirror pads are quite thin and usually black in colour. It's just possible it was glued on with acrylic, in which case it'll be tough to get off, but I reckon with a single sided razorblade, some time and a deal of care for your fingers, it'll succumb. Have the exact same mirror on ours and have successfully transferred it 3 times now.

If it is tape, you may need to warm it a little with a hot air gun. BUT, be very careful to use a low heat setting and not to concentrate it in one place etc, you don't want to crack the screen!

ok gents, case sorted. the correct answer was 'picture hook wire'. thanks for everything!