Does My Wing Look Big In This

SteveD

No idea about aerodynamic efficiency etc but that wing <looks> like the kind of thing you'd see attached to a chav's Corsa. In the Tesco car park.

pah its much bigger than any corsa wing :laugh:

Perhaps grown men know the difference between there and they're and know to put a space after the comma? Or is learning that much to 'kiddy' for you too?

not this old chesnut again !!! lets get one thing straight here f***** smart A*** , the last time i looked this was a car forum ,where folk come to talk about cars and have a chuckle to get away from the stresses of life ,not to pick people up on there gramma or spelling , if thats the only thing you have to say then you need to grow up ,and if my spelling and gramma offends you then you are more childish than i thought and that goes to anyone on here ,some of us are not all perfect in every aspect of life and spelling or gramma is not my forte obviously and i dont try to hide that ,so i dont need reminding about it by muppets who are trying to be smart arses , i have spent the last 25 years working my balls off at work not sat in a class room keeping myself up to scratch on my gramma etc i have had more problems in my life than a bit of spelling or gramma to worry about , the last thing on my mind when im at work building /repairing cars or even on here is my gramma or spelling ,so jog on

• Like 4

not this old chesnut again !!! lets get one thing straight here f***** smart A*** , the last time i looked this was a car forum ,where folk come to talk about cars and have a chuckle to get away from the stresses of life ,not to pick people up on there gramma or spelling , if thats the only thing you have to say then you need to grow up ,and if my spelling and gramma offends you then you are more childish than i thought and that goes to anyone on here ,some of us are not all perfect in every aspect of life and spelling or gramma is not my forte obviously and i dont try to hide that ,so i dont need reminding about it by muppets who are trying to be smart arses , i have spent the last 25 years working my balls off at work not sat in a class room keeping myself up to scratch on my gramma etc i have had more problems in my life than a bit of spelling or gramma to worry about , the last thing on my mind when im at work building /repairing cars or even on here is my gramma or spelling ,so jog on

I really thought about posting the following;

Those that criticise Steve are in the very unfortunate position of not knowing the person behind the posts. The written language may not be his strong point; does that matter? (At least he doesn't revert to 'text speak')

You only have to look at the time he makes his posts to realise this guy does an average of 16hr days! I am lucky enough to see his work and his creations first hand on most days and he has great talent - a large percentage of that talent its put to use helping people in car clubs with chassis problems etc.

Yes, he makes money from it - he runs a business but he is one of the most helpful people I have ever known - you don't need university qualifications to be a 'natural' at what you do. I have worked in the area for 25 years; most of which Steve has worked at Winsford Body Shop and they have always had the reputation of being the best in the area by no small margin - most of the work over the last 10+ years has been directed by Steve. We became friendly with Steve not because he was a 'nice chap' (which, coincidently he is) but because his work is first rate.

Give him a break - he will help anyone and certainly knows what he is doing with performance cars - we are more than happy to be working 'alongside' him.

Steve - if you wrote in Chinese it would still contain more useful information than most people post!

• Like 3

rocket_rabbit, on 18 January 2012 - 11:20 PM, said:

( Perhaps grown men know the difference between there and they're and know to put a space after the comma? Or is learning that much to 'kiddy' for you too?)

Just checking, but can you confirm that your grammar is correct too! ;)

Lady Colonial, who has a doctorate in psychology, has had a field day reading this thread, and wishes to send her thanks for the clinical entertainment value, and her good wishes to all who contributed. :d

Lady Colonial, who has a doctorate in psychology, has had a field day reading this thread, and wishes to send her thanks for the clinical entertainment value, and her good wishes to all who contributed. :d

i'd buy her a pint wuv :yes: innit

• Like 1

i'd buy her a pint wuv :yes: innit

She'd drink it too wuv :yes::d

TBH, I actually don't care about your spelling and grammar at all. To me it just seemed a tad short sighted that you could criticise people who played computer games/watched films instead of simply saying you hadn't seen them. It was just the hypocrisy of it! Me man, me work, GRRRR. It's a bit cliché, that's all.

I'm sure you do work very hard and I wish you lots of success, but that's not to say others don't work hard either.

In addition, Captain Colonial picked me up for my spelling in a different thread. Again, that's fine but which is it - lax or strict?

your just in here for the popcorn sales :p

Me Julie was on about getting a new ironing board the other day - mmm that has got me thinking :laugh:

• Like 1

In addition, Captain Colonial picked me up for my spelling in a different thread. Again, that's fine but which is it - lax or strict?

I corrected you for misspelling my forum name (completely different issue) in a thread where it appeared you were being fairly sarcastic and in a somewhat aggressive frame of mind...or at least that's the way it came over. That's the problem with typing on the Internet - people will read things the way they want to read them, depending on what has come before, the mood they're in, and their own sensativities and oddities. You have to have a thick skin and be prepared to admit when you get it wrong, whether that be spelling, grammar, or being overly judgemental about other's abilities and motives.

(Having read the posts, Lady Colonial says she's confident can help, but bear in mind she charges £110 per hour (or part therein) for private therapy sessions, or £70 per hour in group therapy sessions.)

Me Julie was on about getting a new ironing board the other day - mmm that has got me thinking :laugh:

:laugh:

Dunno about the ironing board, but I definitely thought SteveD was a being a bit of a Fokker posting those provocative bi-plane pics.... :d

Come to think of it there seem to a a lot of over sensitive Fokkers on the board today... :p:cry::d :d

This kind of thread brings me two potential sources of income! :laugh:

If we link up the basic thread ingredients here, Fokkers, the aerodynamic questions, and the "private Lady therapy sessions" where do we end up? :suspect:

Max bl**** Moseley...That's where.... :blush: :blush:

I'll get me jack boots, whip, stockings, and trenchcoat.... :p :p :d :d

• Like 1

The people who charge by the hour? Consultants, plumbers, mechanics, shrinks, and prostitutes - every one of them will screw you out of your money, so it's best to get ones who are good at what they do to make it a pleasurable experience.

I corrected you for misspelling my forum name (completely different issue) in a thread where it appeared you were being fairly sarcastic and in a somewhat aggressive frame of mind...or at least that's the way it came over. That's the problem with typing on the Internet - people will read things the way they want to read them, depending on what has come before, the mood they're in, and their own sensativities and oddities. You have to have a thick skin and be prepared to admit when you get it wrong, whether that be spelling, grammar, or being overly judgemental about other's abilities and motives.

(Having read the posts, Lady Colonial says she's confident can help, but bear in mind she charges £110 per hour (or part therein) for private therapy sessions, or £70 per hour in group therapy sessions.)

The post is a contradiction to its component parts!

But to the first part I 100% agree. Me mis-spelling you name was entirely accidental.