The Only Way Is Essex Blat

Pistol Pete

As part of getting the Essex Area a little it more active, last weekend we discussed arranging an Essex blat in March/April, thinking about sunday 18th March or 1st April in the morning.

Will probably keep it to just over an hours driving (maybe a little longer if the weather is good) and finishing up at either the Lodge in South Woodham or 8 Ball Diner at Witham.

So who's up for joining in with this? Plenty of notice so pop your on the list:

Pete

Essex Blat Planner

yes up for it if im off

Oooo, sounds good. 'bout time the North London Area got together with the neighbours. I'll have a word with the lads...

If you were to venture towards North Weald, we can hook up maybe...

Well I suppose I better show my face, I may even complete this one ...... you never know :blush::d

If you were to venture towards North Weald, we can hook up maybe...

You'd have to have a word with my Events manager to arrange that ;)

I'm in and can do either day. The 18th March is mothers day so this may limit the number of people that can make it though!

Just looking at a route this morning starting at The Lodge, heading through the Hanningfields to Stock and Ingatestone on the way to the A414 at Chipping Ongar roundabout then up to the A1060, through Dunmow to Finchingfield. Then back from there to the 8 Ball Diner on the A12. In total approx 68 miles which would probably take just under two hours.

Thinking of maybe stopping at Chipping Ongar if anyone whats to join us from Herts/North London and again at Finchingfield.

What are people thoughts on the above?

Oh and ivo mother's day, probably best to go for the 1st April.

1. Pistol

2. pete g

3. Andacami - maybe

4. Tigger

5. Matt F

6. Smokey Mow

Add me to the list :t-up: I'm sure I'll have the winter upgrades finished by then :oops:

Sounds great to me, :yes: please add me to the list. The route is a nice run, I have done a similar lap 'solo' several times before, will be great to have loads of us. :) :)

1. Pistol

2. pete g

3. Andacami - maybe

4. Tigger

5. Matt F

6. Smokey Mow

7. John

8. KevIP6

8. RichUK - Maybe

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I picked up the blue Westfield yesterday, so if this was the 1st April then I can definitely make it.

If it is the 18th March, then I might struggle as I am at Rockingham on the 17th.

For me it's gearbox dependant, box being ready end of March.

I might be in Dubai but if not I'd be up for it! Well provided I can put my car back together!