Favourite Songs...

kirkyboy5

good thread :) been done before but so what :t-up:

could any of five or so from me - but today it is this one

very good song Cleggers!!!

Loving the killers! Seen them live??

Dan

Yeah went 2-3 years ago to see them - honestly say it was the best gig I have ever been too

makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up just thinking about it :love:

Sniff n the tears - Drivers seat, or Golden Earing - Radar Love or Boz Scaggs - Lido shuffle got to be some

cracking driving anthems. Volume up and foot down. They get the adrenalin rushing.

Being a musician and DJ I have a huge varied taste in music and I really dont have a favourite track as such but for favourite artists though it has to be Bryan Ferry/Roxy Music (yes I am a bloke and only 43) as well as Kate Bush. Thats any credibility I had with tha aforementioned songs gone completely :blush:

Fraser

Yes, we've had this thread before, but who cares? People's favourite song can change every day!

I went into my iTunes and looked at the songs I've played the most, but funny enough, I can't say any of them were my favourite, and frag68 has a point about driving anthems as well.

But if we're talking favourite song, here's mine (at least as of 0943 today!). I love this now as much as I did when I first heard it in 1975. I was at this very concert at Earls Court and you cannot believe how moving this is when 12,000 people are singing it together. Hope you enjoy:

http://youtu.be/ldXFxtqKGmU

• Like 2

I don't have a favourite song as such but one of the best for fast driving has to be Sandstorm by DJ Darude

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejm6jn9AFA0

I can't listen to it too often in the car for the sake of my licence as my right foot just goes flat to the carpet as the tempo increases :devil::westy::devil::d

Martha and the Muffins 'Echo Beach' has never failed to lift my spirits every time I hear it. Probably my favourite song.

For sheer brilliance, and probably the piece of music I'd take to a desert island because I don't think I'd ever tire of listening to it or finding something new in it is Peter Frampton's interpretation of 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps' - studio version. Just stunningly good.

Played Freebird with bands as riddum guitarist a number of times in the past and as a result, having loved it as a youth, it now makes me cringe every time I hear it. I associate it with interminable narcissistic soloing (Jack Black in 'School of Rock' was not far off the mark). For everyone else in the band, it was just sooooo dull after a while. Bass and rhythm chaps in our band used to play lying down to make the point to the lead guitarist....I don't think he really twigged what we were getting at while he was whacking off..... Still, I can understand why it's still a big favourite.

The Jam - Down in the tube station at midnight

I've asked my kids to have this played at my funeral (hopefully in many, many years time ;)).

Another driving anthem as played by Terry Wogan on his show this morning was Red Light Spells Danger by Billy Ocea. Shame I was in the 69 bhp Caddy van. Wished I was in the wife's 3 series or the Westy. My word what a song played at full volume. The only saving grace is the Caddy has a super sound system.

Fav 80s track is Obsession by Animotion, closely followed by Brother Louie by Modern Talking. Fav video however is the one with Spanga in the swimming pool. Cant remember if it was Boys Boys Boys or Call Me. The song was a load of old tosh but who cares when this video was on.

Fraser

But if we're talking favourite song, here's mine (at least as of 0943 today!). I love this now as much as I did when I first heard it in 1975. I was at this very concert at Earls Court and you cannot believe how moving this is when 12,000 people are singing it together. Hope you enjoy:

Bril Capn.

I was at Earls Court in 19?? to see them play Dark Side when it first came out..... (Just shows how old I am, :down: ) Unforgetable.

DerekJ