[#10146] You Do Not Have Permission To Use The Search System.

WestfieldMX5

Ergo, you value my opinion then?

And Bananaman also values my opinion because he is mightly 'wuvved' up with you Steve :)

Mrs Tigger - I don't think anyone has made a negative comment on how the site actually works because it works very well and is very fast. The migration team did a cracking job and I was impressed at how seamless it all was. Yes, it's 'only' £30, but it's still £30. When a homeless person propositions you for change, do you give them any? The likelihood is no because you don't know them. Same thing here - you can't expect a complete newbie who is considering getting a Westfield from all the other Sevens out there, to immediately pay £30 before anyone on here will engage with them? Imagine if they had to do that (pay £30) for every type of Seven club (Caterham, Westfield, MNR, MK, MAC #1, Aries, RAW, RRR etc etc). Surely you agree that we make them welcome, show them the club and how great it is, let them send a PM to a current member who has a car for sale on here, and then rejoice as they sign up for membership :)

John - I'm sure you'll agree there is much more to the club than the forum. Like I said on page 1 of this thread, Magazines, trinkets, parts/insurance discounts make it worthwhile. £30 for a forum membership is a rip off, but for WHAT YOU ACTUALLY GET, it's a bargain.

[/font][/color]

Some members think that it doesn't show the club in the best light

Most members haven't offered an opinion so that is a hopeless non-fact

I understand you have a clique here, and that's fine/to be expected, but I didn't realise you make the decisions.

I'm OK Jack....

Yes, you are going to get 'freeloaders' but they will be moot anyway because they aren't getting the benefits of the club and they probably aren't interested.

But to the potentials, the people out there looking, the future new PAID members, it's those that the functions (even regulated) will bring in.

there is nothing stopping a newbie or anyone who is thinking of buying a westfield coming on to these forums and asking as many questions as they want THEY DONT HAVE TO IMEDIATLY PAY £30 TO JOIN they can do that if they choose to ,but if they dont join,why should they be allowed the privilages of paying members if they get all the benefits for free they are less likley to join ,so whats the point the club does NOT run itself for free ,newbies are allways made more than welcome and there questions answered (unless there dumb A*** ones) :laugh: i have known nanna's for donkey's years and i do value his opinion ,what i dont value is people who think they have a opinion when really they have no argument at all to start with

• Like 2

Could we not have a small payment option that gave you instant access to the ability to search but not PM or reply in for sale etc i.e. not full membership rights.

Personally I would not mind non members having the ability to search for members opinions for free. May be we could have a members poll or a vote on this matter.

As the search facility can be got around using google makes no sense to deny it.

Any forum or club that is easier to use will make potential new members feel more welcome than a fussy one.

I cannot believe the sheer weight of whining going on because certain non-members who expect something for nothing and can't be asked or are too thick to open a new tab and do a Google search of the boardroom. You can see how to do this on the very first page of this thread. If you can't manage to do that, I'm amazed you even think of touching a keyboard - you should certainly never be allowed near a motor vehicle.

The Westfield information in the boardroom, gathered over many years, has a real value. The club has the right to charge to DIRECTLY search for that information in THEIR site. Moreover, if you're too thick or lazy to use Google, the many, many experienced and enthusiastic MEMBERS will, without fail, answer your questions and even provide links from searches they do at no cost to yourself.

You can get anything you want...but you're whining because you can't have it on one screen instantly for free. Well, boo hoo hoo. You'll get over it.

• Like 1

putting all this to one side - a sensible suggestion?

how about adding the benefits of becoming a paid up member in a graphic at the top of the page so everyone can see exactly why they should pay up

inc things like cheaper insurance and all the full boardroom benefits etc etc

just a thought

• Like 2

Ergo, you value my opinion then?

And Bananaman also values my opinion because he is mightly 'wuvved' up with you Steve :)

Mrs Tigger - I don't think anyone has made a negative comment on how the site actually works because it works very well and is very fast. The migration team did a cracking job and I was impressed at how seamless it all was. Yes, it's 'only' £30, but it's still £30. When a homeless person propositions you for change, do you give them any? The likelihood is no because you don't know them. Same thing here - you can't expect a complete newbie who is considering getting a Westfield from all the other Sevens out there, to immediately pay £30 before anyone on here will engage with them? Imagine if they had to do that (pay £30) for every type of Seven club (Caterham, Westfield, MNR, MK, MAC #1, Aries, RAW, RRR etc etc). Surely you agree that we make them welcome, show them the club and how great it is, let them send a PM to a current member who has a car for sale on here, and then rejoice as they sign up for membership :)

John - I'm sure you'll agree there is much more to the club than the forum. Like I said on page 1 of this thread, Magazines, trinkets, parts/insurance discounts make it worthwhile. £30 for a forum membership is a rip off, but for WHAT YOU ACTUALLY GET, it's a bargain.

[/font][/color]

Some members think that it doesn't show the club in the best light

Most members haven't offered an opinion so that is a hopeless non-fact

I understand you have a clique here, and that's fine/to be expected, but I didn't realise you make the decisions.

I'm OK Jack....

Yes, you are going to get 'freeloaders' but they will be moot anyway because they aren't getting the benefits of the club and they probably aren't interested.

But to the potentials, the people out there looking, the future new PAID members, it's those that the functions (even regulated) will bring in.

Chap you seem to have either an attitude problem or a big chip on your shoulder.

There is no clique here that I am aware of. Some people appear more vocal because they choose to post their opinions, others may think there is no point in multitudes offering up similar thoughts. The "clique" that make the decisions are the elected officials of the club, the membership is free to challenge their decisions and ask questions to a generally sympathetic and helpful committee.

Just because members appear to agree on an issue doesn't make it a clique/cabal or secret society....

No one is deliberately rude or obstructive to enquiries from newbies to the site, quite the contrary in most cases.

The reality is that in terms of the forum, the only thing that non-members can not do is PM.

Hardly a big problem I would have thought?

You seem determined to attempt to provoke a divide twixt non members and members.....

There is no divide, non-members are welcomed with open arms, they just have slightly fewer forum privileges...That's it, simples. Get over yerself, move on and enjoy the forum for what it does well rather than espousing negativity over a very minor issue...

Myself I'm off to Autosport...Byeeeee..... :d :d

• Like 2

My personal view for what its worth is that this thread has gone on long enough. Everyone has certain access without the need to pay anything so consider that a bonus and an insight into what you could be getting if you joined up. Once you have paid you receive certain benefits which you don't get if you haven't paid which I believe is the general premise of a "membership" or "club". Pay up or shut up I guess in an undiplomatic way to put it. You get a feel for the club then and only when you want to join do you need to pay anything. If you don'y pay your green fees to can't dictate to the members. Basic rules please lets drop this one as it is putting the general membership into a position of seemingly having to defend themselves and for what reason. Its a friendly site with a lot of general p**s taking in part and loads of free advice, use it as that.

Starting to sound like SteveD but then when your listening to whines and moans why not goodness me.

Lets get back to normaility, wheres the pringles then

Bob

• Like 1

Guest chairman ??

It does appear that we need to draw a distinction between forum guests , forum members and club members, yet as far as I can tell there is no advantage for the occassional user to even consider registering as a forum member at all , a forum member has no access to any of his personal settings or ability to show him/herself or to search etc which were available on the old set up , yet the guest has now the right to start threads when they weren't even allowed to post comments previously ???

We can spurt out the rights of the cub and put our opinions as forcefully as we want to , but I reckon if it is active and friendly forum we want, then it should at least be pretty much functional to those who make an attempt to register to it , why would they bother otherwise.

Just stand back ,calm down and look at it from the perspective of the visitor who has stumbled across the forum and shows a bit of interest .

The Westfield information in the boardroom, gathered over many years, has a real value.

To be fair, I think that's the strongest argument here, and has changed my opinion some what. There's probably a better info:crap ratio on this forum than most and to have someone search the forum, gather the information then b******* off is perhaps unfair. The ideal scenario would be for said person to join the forum, ask the question and get pointed in the right direction. They'd get a good experience of the club and be more likely to join and contribute.

I do wish we'd turn off guest posting though. I expect a lot of people are posting without realising they're not logged in. Joining the forum (even as a non-member) is simple enough and wouldn't deter anyone from posting.

Wonder if guest posting is just an oversight, or whether it was left enabled to help others through the changeover period. Normally leaving such an option just leaves a forum open to spam bots etc.

Well I think this thread has run it's course now.

The committee are aware of this thread and will make a decision on any changes if necessary.

Therefore we're closing this thread.

Wonder if guest posting is just an oversight, or whether it was left enabled to help others through the changeover period. Normally leaving such an option just leaves a forum open to spam bots etc.

With regards to Guest posting, it was the intention to leave it open for 1 week so we're slighly overdue but that has been fixed now.

Admin

• Like 4