Getting back the MOJO - Another build thread

Mark (smokey mow)

In a effort to return some of the Boardroom's lost MOJO a build thread with a difference...... Tonights dinner :oops::d :d :d :d :p

My sister gave me the Jamie's Great Britain cook book for chirstmas, I guess it was a hint at the amount of TV dinners and frozen meals I normally eat, so tonight I thought I'd give it a go and try one of the recipes.

Tonight I am atempting "Leigh on Sea Sole" it looks great in the pictures so what the hell.

Sadly I was let down by the fishmonger so "Leigh on Sea Sole" will tonight be Place :d

First of the place was pan fried for 4-minutes on one side.... All looking good so far :p

DSC_0345.jpg

It was then flipped and I added the bacon and rosemary which I'd prepared earlier, together with some Whelks (I couldn't get clams) and Tiger prawns (err yes I failed to get shrimps too)

DSC_0347.jpg

By this point I'm suprised it actually looks something like the pictures :oops: so, covered and another 4-minutes cooking of the other side.

DSC_0349.jpg

Some seasoning, squeezed lemon and chopped chives to finish and et voila, fini :love:

DSC_0348.jpg

Served with some spuds and it tasted excellent :t-up:

now for the washing up :oops:

Looks good Mark and probably a load better than the Chinese I'm heading out for

Thanks, I'm having chinese tomorrow night :d :d :d

I'll keep my eyes open for you on "Come dine with me" or MasterChef lol..

• Like 1

Is that a narrow body hob?

Mark when u gonna come n cook for me :laugh:

Isn't that Paul's Job :p:oops:

Is that a narrow body hob?

:laugh: I believe it must be :oops:

I am intrigued by the little circuit board to the left of the pan in the first photo, was this a magic ingredient?

I am intrigued by the little circuit board to the left of the pan in the first photo, was this a magic ingredient?

Wire speed controller from a mig welder I've been trying to fix for the last 6 months :d It's a bit redundant now since I've bought a new one :oops: Like several other things in my kitchen it'll make it back to the garage eventually :p

I'm not sure the aerosol of lighter fluid sat next to it is in the best place either :bangshead:

• 2 weeks later...

Bouyed by my previous culinary sucess I thought I'd have another go and being adventerous opted for a variation on Highland Mussels. I say a variation, because in true fashion I couldn't get smoked haddock from the local market so I'm substituting with pan fried cod.

First off the leeks were sliced. The recipe called for large leeks but I only had small ones growing in the garden, so they'll just have to do :d

DSC_0428.jpg

They then went into a hot pan with some olive oil and butter :cool:

DSC_0435.jpg

In the other pan went the cod which I dusted in flour and soft butter.

DSC_0434.jpg

After 10 minutes 3-shots of whisky were added to the leaks, in the absence of any good Scotch, I found an old bottle of Famous Grouse in the back of the drinks cupboard. Those of a sensative nature look away now, as I'm about to set fire to the alcohol in the Whisky :bangshead:

DSC_0440.jpg

Next into the pan when the mussels, followed by some double cream

DSC_0446.jpg

A few minutes in a covered pan, not forgetting to also check and flip the fish on the other hotplate

DSC_0448.jpg

Then served with some lemon and chopped leaves. :cool:

DSC_0453.jpg