Lost its MOJO

Guest RedditchJay

Guest RedditchJay

Is it me........... or has this new format lost its MOJO...... i log in and its not as appealing as the old format ? or is it me ??

That's not the real RedditchJay...not sure who it is, but why would he be on a guest account when he's already a WSCC member in here? I call shenanigans...

And if for some reason it is the real RJ...

It's you :bangshead::p

I like the new site. I'm sure it'll soon return to the days of old and the banter we have grown to know and love on here :love::d

We're just at that stage at the moment where everyone is rejoining and every other post seems to be a question about membership or how to use the forum :down:

Give it time to settle down.

Any forum is the sum of it's members contributions....

If it's sh*t it's only because we're posting sh*t.

If it's great it's only because we're great....

HTH... :p:d :d

• Like 1

Never underestimate the "old slippers" effect, I'm sure there'll be plenty of remembering the old Boardroom with rose tinted spectacles.

Yes, I'll miss the search engine that randomly either returned results from prior to 2006 or the last year to two only. Yes I'll miss all those posts from poor b*******s who just what to buy something from another member but can't 'cause their posting rights are stuck in transit somewhere. Yes I'll miss all those posts from people asking if please sir can we have an iPhone/android reader. Or why the Boardroom actually seems to predate the Lotus 7 that inspired our daft little cars in the first place. Oh wait, no I won't.

I'll try to stop being pleased at how easy it is to jump straight to the relevant last post in a thread without scrolling through a dozen supersized photos that I've already drooled over, or how easy it is to find new postings and threads. or how much better the PM system seems to be now, let alone the "conversation" widget, and how easy it was to attach a couple of files to a message to another member the other day. And the great new selection of smilies, oh wait, I'm back on the iPad, I won't :d

Seriously though, it's going to take a while to work out how to do things and to find all the new things we can do.

Plus for many it's been the first week back at work, which I guess may not help.

Give it time, it will settle down, the odd bugs will be ironed out, and more of the previous users will find their way in and before you know it we"ll all be embedded FaceTwit Tubing each other like hyperactive school kids.

• Like 2

Guest RedditchJay

it is me.... the REAL RedditchJay..... just got to get around to paying my subs again.....

I am sure I will be happy with it once back into the swing of things

I know what you mean RJ I think it just needs time to adjust to the new format. ;)

it not that much different if your just posting, for me its most annoying feature is the fact that it keeps crashing explorer.

Explorer is **** try Google chrome 100% better

Works fine on IE for me ;) give it time Jay for everything to settle down and see how it goes - whether you're liking it fully or not at the moment you got to at least give it a chance ;)

it is me.... the REAL RedditchJay..... just got to get around to paying my subs again.....

I am sure I will be happy with it once back into the swing of things

You can still log in with your old details that way you wont have to post as a guest

I'm enjoying being able to see people avatar pictures from work :t-up: :t-up: .